What is Pogo-Sticking?

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
PaulaEdwards

What is Pogo-Sticking?

Postby PaulaEdwards » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:35 am

What is Pogo-Sticking?
Self-Study Cell Phone Repair Training: Cell Phone Repair School

jaygrey

Re: What is Pogo-Sticking?

Postby jaygrey » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:22 am

Hi there! I'm familiar with this term as I'm essay writer and always searching for fresh information over the Internet. So, pogo-sticking is defined as going back and forth from a search engine results page (SERP) to an individual search result destination site. This means that when the searcher clicks on a link on a SERP, sees that it’s not what he/she is looking for, and immediately leaves this site by hitting the back button.

KateSteel

Postby KateSteel » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:39 am

Pogo sticking occurs when a user performs a search, clicks on a result, very quickly clicks back to the search result page, and clicks on a different result. This means that when the searcher clicks on a link on a SERP, sees that it’s not what he/she is looking for, immediately leaves by hitting the back button. Google doesn’t like pogo-sticking at all. The reason why is very obvious: when users repeatedly visit your page, but don’t stick around to read what you’ve written, it becomes apparent that the page doesn’t really satisfy the users

ColleenWilliams

Postby ColleenWilliams » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:50 am

A pogo stick is a device for jumping off the ground in a standing position, through the aid of a spring, or new high performance technologies, often used as a toy, exercise equipment or extreme sports instrument. It led to an extreme sport named extreme pogo or "Xpogo".
Since 1998. 4000+ happy customers. Most trusted portable dehumidifiers in India. ORIGIN Portable Dehumidifier

CarolineMurphy

Postby CarolineMurphy » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:56 pm

In simple words, according to top SEO firm, Pogo Sticking means that when a website ranks highly but fails to satisfy the needs of people using that search term.

jackar56

Postby jackar56 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:29 am

Pogo Sticking simply means that when a website ranks highly but fails to satisfy the needs of people using that search term.
Best Online QA Training with certification

RayHarper

Postby RayHarper » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:54 am

I heard from one of my writer friend and colleague who write short stories for blog he says that it is very hard to write short stories and bring meaning to the story. We two work for british essay services and I do essay blog writing. After reading your article I recollected his words and I can feel those words.

nt06

Postby nt06 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:04 am

Pogo Sticking is a term in SEO known for the immediate bouncing back from the destination or landing page. Understand this way, If I am a Link Builder searching for high quality web 2.0 sites on google and click one of the search results> landed the page and I found that irrelevant and immediately bounced back from that site, this process is known as pogo sticking.

dpkmlm

Postby dpkmlm » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:33 am

Pogo sticking: Pogo sticking occurs when a user performs a search, clicks on a result, very quickly clicks back to the search result page, and clicks on a different result. This type of behavior is a direct result of immediate dissatisfaction in the search result, and unlike bounce rate pogo sticking is always a bad thing.

pauledward

Postby pauledward » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:01 am

pauledward

Postby pauledward » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:05 am

Cherry2708

Postby Cherry2708 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:50 pm

If you’ve ever come across the term “pogo-sticking” in SEO or marketing articles, you’ve probably already gathered that it’s not as fun as it sounds – at least not by this definition.

Pogo-sticking, in SEO, is a term coined by Google. Pogo-sticking is a term used to describe what happens when a user enters your site from a search engine results page (SERP) and then exits your page, going back to the SERPs.

From there, they click the next result or head to a different website.

This is the absolute worst case scenario in SEO. It’s worse than high bounce rates, low times spent on page, or any of the other metrics you’ve been told to worry about.

Why?

Because it suggests that your content does not answer the search query that someone had when they found your result.

Too many pogo-sticking incidents and you’ll find that Google and other search engines quickly downgrade your site to a lower result.

amar006

Postby amar006 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:42 am

Pogo sticking is when a user visits your site and then immediately goes back to search and clicks another site

Return to “SEO Forum”