No Follow vs Follow Links

For discussion of general Search Engine Optimization, not specific to any engine.
superjohn4455

No Follow vs Follow Links

Postby superjohn4455 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:22 am

hi everyone,
what is the difference between follow and no follow links :?:

Angbuhang

Re: No Follow vs Follow Links

Postby Angbuhang » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:13 am

it's not so difference but both no follow and do follow has equally priority in ranking your webpage.

jennypitula

Postby jennypitula » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:21 am

Let me give you some insight about follow and no follow links.

Follow links-Links that point to another site are called do follow links.These pass link juice to a page, help to increase its Page rank and raise its profile to the search engines.

No follow links-If a link is set to no follow, it means Google bot won’t crawl the link and won’t pass any link juice.

superjohn4455

Postby superjohn4455 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:28 pm

jennypitula wrote:Let me give you some insight about follow and no follow links.

Follow links-Links that point to another site are called do follow links.These pass link juice to a page, help to increase its Page rank and raise its profile to the search engines.

No follow links-If a link is set to no follow, it means Google bot won’t crawl the link and won’t pass any link juice.

Thanks this information is helpful for me.

wjack3047

Postby wjack3047 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:05 am

Nofollow links attributes do not allow search engine bots to follow the link.That means if the website owner is linking back to you with Nofollow attributes, it does not pass on link juice. Only Humans will be able to follow the links. Though some time back Google made it clear that they don’t consider Nofollow link attributes but the weight of such links are really less. Even though, it’s a good practice to use Nofollow link attribute to those link, where you don’t want to pass link-juice.
Dofollow links allow google (all search engines) to follow them and reach our website. Giving us link juice and a backlink. If a webmaster is linking back to you with this link both Search Engine and Humans will be able to follow you. The best way to give someone do follow love is allowing keyword in the anchor text. This means when you are linking to any website or page, use the targeted keyword as anchor text.

superjohn4455

Postby superjohn4455 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:22 am

wjack3047 wrote:Nofollow links attributes do not allow search engine bots to follow the link.That means if the website owner is linking back to you with Nofollow attributes, it does not pass on link juice. Only Humans will be able to follow the links. Though some time back Google made it clear that they don’t consider Nofollow link attributes but the weight of such links are really less. Even though, it’s a good practice to use Nofollow link attribute to those link, where you don’t want to pass link-juice.
Dofollow links allow google (all search engines) to follow them and reach our website. Giving us link juice and a backlink. If a webmaster is linking back to you with this link both Search Engine and Humans will be able to follow you. The best way to give someone do follow love is allowing keyword in the anchor text. This means when you are linking to any website or page, use the targeted keyword as anchor text.

Thank you clear my question & tell me one thing what is link-juice.?

thyseo

Postby thyseo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:35 pm

Link-juice just means you get credit in the search algorithms for popularity.

A nofollow link, supposedly has zero link-juice.

:shock:
Come on man! The N.E. Patriots are the best team ever. Right?

No days off!

Anyhow, here's My Xmarks Bookmarks.

MoulanaRafi

Postby MoulanaRafi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:22 pm

A no follow link is a link that does not count as a point in the page’s favor
Do follow link work oppositely to no follow link

wjack3047

Postby wjack3047 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:16 am

superjohn4455 wrote:
wjack3047 wrote:Nofollow links attributes do not allow search engine bots to follow the link.That means if the website owner is linking back to you with Nofollow attributes, it does not pass on link juice. Only Humans will be able to follow the links. Though some time back Google made it clear that they don’t consider Nofollow link attributes but the weight of such links are really less. Even though, it’s a good practice to use Nofollow link attribute to those link, where you don’t want to pass link-juice.

Thank you clear my question & tell me one thing what is link-juice.?

"Link Juice" is a slang term referring to how powerful a certain link (within a site or from one website to another) is or could be.
Factors which affect the potential juice of a link includes:
    Where the link is on the page (links higher up pass more juice than those lower down.
    If the link is within the text content of the page (rather than alone in the footer or a sidebar.
    How much link juice that page has to offer in the first place

thyseo

Postby thyseo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 pm

wjack is right!

Put your nose to the grindstone.

No days off!

AdiosHypnosis

Postby AdiosHypnosis » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:38 am

Have you tried every thing for weight loss but always find yourself stuck in the rut? I recommend you to try the hypnosis for weight loss audio programs. They will help for sure.

thyseo

Weight Loss

Postby thyseo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Well, I wanted to lose 10 pounds this year. Only 19 to go.

:?

Now, back to nofollow...

No days off!

dombowkett

Postby dombowkett » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:19 am

Search engine read only do-follow links not no-follow.

superjohn4455

Postby superjohn4455 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:54 pm

MoulanaRafi wrote:A no follow link is a link that does not count as a point in the page’s favor
Do follow link work oppositely to no follow link

Thanks this information is helpful for me to understand.

superjohn4455

Re: Weight Loss

Postby superjohn4455 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:04 am

thyseo wrote:Well, I wanted to lose 10 pounds this year. Only 19 to go.

:?

Now, back to nofollow...

hi Thyseo,
why you lose your money ?

Return to “SEO Forum”