Domain alias problem

Domain Names are an important part of SEO. Discuss anything domain name related from registration to grabbing expired domains.
stinkybee

Domain alias problem

Postby stinkybee » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:40 am

I have a site http://www.free-money-resource.com which also has the domain name freemoneyresource.co.uk aliased to it.

The problem is that only the co.uk name is being registered in google, the .com is indexed but doesn't show up in any search results for my chosen keywords (not even a search for free money resource). I understand that part of the reason is that the site used to use the co.uk name but I changed it to the .com name, ironically enough to help with search engine placement. I was told that having the co.uk name as an alias would not affect the .com name being indexed etc.

Can anyone suggest a way to go with this, should I remove the .co.uk from the google index and start from scratch with the .com name?

Any help would be much appreciated.
David Herbert

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:53 am

Thanks for the reply, a 301 redirect sounds good. Do you know how to create one for a windows server?

I have found some ASP code but I would have to run a check that detects whether someone has come via the co.uk name and then issue the redirect. Do you know whether this would stillo be ok with the search engines, would they pick this up?

Thanks again.

susanrichard

Re: Domain alias problem

Postby susanrichard » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:57 am

I would have to run a check that detects whether someone has come via the co.uk name and then issue the redirect. assignment help expert I changed it to the .com name, ironically enough to help with search engine placement.

hila

Re: Domain alias problem

Postby hila » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:48 am

I don’t understand the article as I am hearing this in first time. I think I need more clarifications about domain alias problem. Hope you will give more information as soon as possible.Big Apple Medical Supplies

Return to “Domain Names Forum”