The Better Keyword Phrase

Discuss keyword selection, research and related tools here.
bigmallrat

The Better Keyword Phrase

Postby bigmallrat » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:08 pm

I have a question regarding keyword phrases. Not keywords for the META tag, but for repeating in the actual page (title, body, etc).
Which is the best keyword phrase:
A) Broadway Plaza Walnut Creek CA
b) Broadway Plaza Walnut Creek
C) Broadway Plaza
According to Overture, 742 people typed in "Broadway Plaza", 410 "Broadway Plaza Walnut Creek", and 90 "Broadway Plaza Walnut Creek CA".
On my page, I repeated "Broadway Plaza Walnut Creek", assuming that I'd cover all three options. However, you can't find my page anywhere using just "Broadway Plaza" or "Broadway Plaza Walnut Creek". I'm thinking now this is a mistake and that I should just use "Broadway Plaza" to capture the largest audience.
My page is http://www.bigmallrat.com/shopping-mall ... plaza.html
I just updated it to remove some repeating "Walnut Creek" and "CA" with the hopes that it'll start appearing in at least MSN.
Opinions anyone?
Thanks,
Scott

bigmallrat

Thanks!

Postby bigmallrat » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:28 am

Thanks!
I'm beginning to think the incoming links are more important in terms of ranking than all other factors. Especially because Google hasn't ranking me for anything. Often, I do some research and find the highly ranked pages don't even contain the keyword. I guess that means the incoming links to that page must have considerable bearing.
This morning, my Broadway Plaza page debuted on page 1 on Ask.com and Yahoo.com (it was already on page 1 on MSN.com). Of course, it's MIA from Google and AOL.
Getting links hasn't been easy. Getting links that say the right thing could be harder. I was thinking of offering reciprocol links and I'll provide the code that I want them to use. I'm not sure how, yet, but I bet I can find something on the Web.
Thanks again!
Scott

wmseo2

Postby wmseo2 » Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:10 pm

I would do what he suggested, mostly. But, you need to vary your anchor texts.

DELETED

Postby DELETED » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:54 pm

DELETED

wmseo

Postby wmseo » Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:40 am

I agree. Better use this keyword Broadway Plaza Walnut Creek CA. You have to target a least competitived keyword first. Then if you already have rankings then you can already target competitive keyword.

Clue

Postby Clue » Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:45 pm

also, try not to repeat the term too many times, in the exact same phrase, that would look like spam and Google might filter it out.
find personal finance advice - including money making ideas

riyajindal

Re: The Better Keyword Phrase

Postby riyajindal » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:07 am

Keyword planner is best tool for keyword research.

Return to “Keyword Forum”