Different pages for alternative keyword phrases

Discuss keyword selection, research and related tools here.
dylanphelan

Different pages for alternative keyword phrases

Postby dylanphelan » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:38 am

Hi

My main product is an accounting package.
As far as related search terms go, "Accounting software" is the most popular.
The product is designed specifically for small business and as such, I think that many of them would search for "Bookkeeping software"

I'd like to know if I should created another page that is optimized for "Bookkeeping software", at the moment the page is focused on "accounting software".

Thanks alot!
Dylan

alvis

Postby alvis » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:42 am

If you have created page for Bookkeeping software then you should optimize that page for bookkeeping software. you can use accounting software as a keyword.

dylanphelan

Postby dylanphelan » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:00 am

the thing is that customers either think of the product as "accounting software", or as "bookkeeping software".

accounting software is a much more popular search term - so I've used that.

Bookkeeping software, being a phrase that is not very competitive might be easier to target.

I dont want to mix the two terms up on the same page - as I think this will put the customers off...

What if i just do a new page for "bookkeeping software" with new content...

ben_tambling

Postby ben_tambling » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:18 am

you have a great idea of separating book keeping software to accounting sofware... it is easy to optimize a page if the content is focused on one product... though they were both sofwares,, their function, i assume, is very different with each other...

dylanphelan

Postby dylanphelan » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:40 am

No, It's exactly the same product...

I am just think about doing one page that is focused on "accounting" and one that is focused on "bookkeeping". I don't think i can really target both phrases on the same page...

sws27

Postby sws27 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:08 pm

If I were doing ppc, I'd have 2 pages optimized for each term. The conversions will be higher if the keywords on your ads match your page's headlines.

But if were talking seo, I don't think I would go through the trouble of doing separate pages.

I would target both keywords in one page. With a page title like "Accounting - Bookkeeping software".

As far as on-page optimization i would just make sure you include both terms "accounting software" & "bookkeeping software" throughout the page.

imo

stevewaganer

Postby stevewaganer » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:08 am

different pages for different keywords and optimize that page for that keyword. page content should be good and put imporant keywords in that page.

Return to “Keyword Forum”