Meta tags not being picked up by Meta tag analyser

Discuss keyword selection, research and related tools here.
confused

Meta tags not being picked up by Meta tag analyser

Postby confused » Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:57 pm

Not sure which forum to put this in but as it involves keywords I have put it here.....

When I use the meta tag analyser it tells me that there are no meta tags on my page......

I use Serif PagePlus 11 which automatically put in the meta tags, and if I pull up the page www.villaralfa.com and 'view source' I can see them OK.

Any ideas??

I think that the search engines cannot see the tags either because I always used to be in the top 10 on Google and now I don't appear until the third page!!!

confused

Postby confused » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:27 am

TEh tags are in the head code. where they should be, if you load the page I gave www.villaralfa.com, and the right click and 'view source' you can see them!

I have tried several meta tags analyzers and they all give the same result....that there are no meta tags.

My original pages were built with Serif PagePlus 8 (it is easy to use!) and were ok, it seems like this problem only occurs since I upgraded to Serif PagePlas 11.

The head code and meta tags still show, the only diference I can see anywhere is that in the head code is an extra bit that says 'charset=UTF-8''

!!!

riyajindal

Re: Meta tags not being picked up by Meta tag analyser

Postby riyajindal » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:35 am

Thankyou for sharing this useful information!

Return to “Keyword Forum”