Keyword Use Question - Website Content

Discuss keyword selection, research and related tools here.
wahm375

Keyword Use Question - Website Content

Postby wahm375 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:40 am

I have a huge list of keywords that I am using for my website, which is a content website with a preschool theme.. I have a question about usage.

Since I have a large list, should I be focusing solely one word keyword per article or do multiple keywords in one article? I want lots of content on my website, so I don’t mind creating single articles to target each keyword, but I am thinking that I should work others into the article too.

Which approach do you take?

rayter

Postby rayter » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:36 pm

I usually target 1-3 keywords in a single article. They are usually a combination of general and specific, long-tail keywords.

mdamin76

Postby mdamin76 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Too many keywords in a single page would make the page looks ugly. Better to concentrate with 1 or 2 keyword.

awfuae

Postby awfuae » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:35 am

u should use the keywords based on the particular page of ur article.
That keyword shld be ther in ur page to get more hits to ur article/websi

PolarWebDesign

Postby PolarWebDesign » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:09 am

I am just building a content website myself. What I do is target one keyword per article while also using the other ones occasionally. The other ones may be general keywords that people use in conjunction with the primary keyword.

Let's say you have an article on "BMW 5 series" (my favorite :) ) and that is your main keyword. You can use the word "car" in the article to catch those who might search for "car BMW 5 series".

The less keywords you focus on the more focused you will be, so if you don't mind writing one article for each keyword, do that and use general keywords in the articles as well.
Professional flash design that helps you sell more.

gomziwms45

Postby gomziwms45 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:31 am

Even i agree. While creating an article, i target only 3-5 keywords. Keeping more keywords does not have any harm, but then i run out of keywords.

Return to “Keyword Forum”