density of keywords

Discuss keyword selection, research and related tools here.
keralafriend

Re: density of keywords

Postby keralafriend » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:30 am

Hi friendz..
Keyword density has not much to do with keyword ranking. You just need to have genuine content and few keywords in text and better anchor texts.

For instance, My blog is mainly about collection of funny email forwards, but also have sms collection, orkut scraps and quotes and quotations. Google has taken sms as main keyword with 100% accuracy. But search results related to email forwards were showing poor performance. When i added more anchor texts for email forwards i started showing improvements.

You can check my blog @ http://bestmailer./blogspot.com/

MelbourneMarketing

Postby MelbourneMarketing » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:11 am

The thing you have to be concerned about keyword density is not going overboard. Using a keyword too many times in your content can already be seen as keyword stuffing, which is considered a black hat SEO strategy.

Using keywords is not bad. In fact, it is helpful for your SEO. Just make sure to use it in a way that your content still reads naturally.

mattdamon

Postby mattdamon » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:24 pm

The keyword density is one of the important things in SEO. If you add a keyword over and over again in your content then called spam. I do not know the exact limit, but there are some keywords diet, and you can not use the keyword more than the ration.

magesh2010

Postby magesh2010 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:46 am

Keyword density means keywords are present repeated times in total no of words in a web pages. it can helps to boost up your keywords in major search engines.

shivam

Postby shivam » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:11 pm

keyword density is one of the important aspect for SEO's, it gives a brief idea about the respective keyword that how much we have to work on it,

Sacredtravel

Postby Sacredtravel » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:21 am

I think keyword density is an over-rated concept. Even with similar keyword densities one page may rank while another does not. And that’s true even if they have the same link profile. That in and of itself should show the (lack of) value of keyword density.

To explain how that concept works, consider a page that uses the exact same keywords at the start of the page title, at the start of their h1 tag, and in all their inbound anchor text. It may get filtered for being too closely aligned with the target keyword. Now imagine that the same page is redone, shifting word order is some spots, shifting singular to plural in some spots. Now the same page may not get filtered even if it has the same or similar keyword density.

Keyword density also has two toxic side effects. Some people write what ends up sounding like robotic copy. Others, in an attempt to increase keyword density, end up editing out important keyword modifiers and semantically related phrases, which not only lowers their traffic (since they took many relevant words off the page), but also makes their page look less like other top ranked pages.

Thanks......

benwilliams

Postby benwilliams » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:27 am

Use adwords for keyword selection it is good website for keywords research and in case of keyword research it should be 5-7 % .

vjackcon

Postby vjackcon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:37 am

Keyword Density is the percentage of occurrence of your keywords to the text in the rest of your webpage.It is main for your main keywords to have the correct keyword density to rank well in Search Engines.

dalethomas1

Postby dalethomas1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:42 am

Keyword density is a factor you should not be concerned about, really. Just write your article naturally. Focus on making your article as unique as possible.

Maxy

Postby Maxy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:55 am

Is there any way to analyze keyword density with SEO Toolkit for each page separately?

wulaishiwo

Postby wulaishiwo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:30 pm

I think 5% is just Ok, dare not to add more
moncler through its subsidiaries, is a specialty retailer that operates stores selling casual sportswear apparel, as doudoune moncler homme, moncler jackets, moncler vests.

JacksSmith

Postby JacksSmith » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:12 am

If your content is good and you have your keywords effectively in title and in your content it is really good for your rankings.

ivanowen123

Postby ivanowen123 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:22 pm

I give it a diminutive bit of weight or consideration when doing SEO barely so that I know not to have the site over optimized but if you're making it natural sounding you will not have that problem.

Justinpage

Postby Justinpage » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Don't make it hard bro, just don't forget to include your keywords at least once in every paragraph of your article or content.

sneha123

Re:

Postby sneha123 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:23 am

seosean wrote:I give it a tiny bit of weight or consideration when doing SEO just so that I know not to have the site over optimized but if you're making it natural sounding you will not have that problem

Nice comment!!!!!! thanks for share very informative post......well done..........
best regards,,,,,
sneha

Return to “Keyword Forum”