Is your information is safe, after Facebook's new changes?

Discuss all aspects of Social Media Marketing, including Social Bookmarking, Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Youtube, Linkedin, Digg and others.
zwtseo

Is your information is safe, after Facebook's new changes?

Post by zwtseo »

Hello,

I have recently founded that Facebook have changed privacy options and recommended for it. By selecting this option your information like location, gender and other private information can be viewable all across the web. Facebook taken big step towards information sharing as the content of the messages can be also searched on big search engines like google and bing. Privacy advocates fears this is very bad step taken by Facebook.

Facebook wanted to stay in the competition with other socail networking website like Twitter which allow micro blogging. Recently, Major search engines incorporated plans with social networking sites and planning to show message content on search engine results.

Share your experience.

sammy

Post by sammy »

Twitter is more unsafe than Facebook as its tweets are crawled by google .Where as google doesn't crawl personal info given in Facebook
[url=http://www.healthcaremagic.com][color=black] Ask a doctor online[/color][/url]
[url=http://www.comeletstalk.com][color=black]my life my way[/color][/url]

Cristine0204

Re: Is your information is safe, after Facebook's new change

Post by Cristine0204 »

Its much safer than twitter itself on profile and privacy settings. you can now control which you would like anyone you want them to see. :lol:

IT Staffing

Post by IT Staffing »

Facebook complies with the EU Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of data from the European Union. As part of our participation in the Safe Harbor, we agree to resolve all disputes you have with us in connection with our policies and practices through TRUSTe. We will also provide initial responses to access requests within a reasonable period of time. To view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor Web site.

mrandrei

Post by mrandrei »

The privacy settings of Facebook don't really bother me at all. I only add people on FB if I really know them.

expresslane

Post by expresslane »

Beware of Facebook. Earlier this year they were opening up the channels for advertisers to get right at your personal information unless you opted out. So you mean to tell me the number one site on the internet needs to sell my information in order to get money? Better yet if you didn't read the information Facebook was going to go ahead and let 3rd parties have your information struggle free!
ipage information today.

johnson.freak

Post by johnson.freak »

I think facebook is doing best to avoid privacy related complaints and it does not make sense to blame facebook for privacy issues. Social networking websites like orkut and all are far more insecure than facebook. And as far as microblogging is concerned i think it's a great step for information sharing.

creative management

Post by creative management »

twitter is most useful for only business person as in that not any option for chatting, upload photoes only for sharing links