Why am I not ranking in Google?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
weblelo

Why am I not ranking in Google?

Post by weblelo »

Hi everyone

i got my new ecommerce web site 5 months ago. i've done a lot of hard work but my page rank is still 0. i don't understand why ? my personal web is only 3 moths old but the page rank is 3.

i got listed on dmoz, Total page index by Google is 676 pages and i 've done a lot of linkexchange.

can someone tell me some clues ?

thank you

lee

weblelo

Post by weblelo »

Hi Pete

please have look at my web

http://www.oztshirts.com.au/

The reason that I’m getting so worries is I did something really silly. I changed the Title, Description, Keywords every second week and submitted to Google. I’ve done a lot of link exchange but I think it’s the link farm because it’s including a lot of adult, cas1n0 sites.

I think google may consider my web as a spam that why my pagerank is 0
If you have any ideal please let me know even I have to spend a bit of money.

thank you

quadra

Post by quadra »

Your site seems to have a lot of links, but low quality links. They are all from link pages with many other links. You need to try an get some better quality links from targetted on topic sites that have few outgoing links. Youneed to also get some links from authority type sites such as Yahoo Directory and Dmoz and some links from PR6 or above sites. You may consider purchasing some text link ads.

You could also still be in Sandbox. Many sites stay in Sandbox for at least 6 months.

The link far program that you use, which one is it? You need to be careful with these. If they cross link many of the same sites to each other, the network can be detected and get you penalized.

Post by 127.0.0.1 »

You shouldnt change things as often as two weeks.

Give it time!

Do not purchase text links these places are watched and you will eventually be penalised.

Read matt wells blog on buying text links

aulivy

Post by aulivy »

I also do a lot of hard work and have the same problem.

ammon

Post by ammon »

If you really have done everything then all you need to do is wait and PR will come.

Post by 127.0.0.1 »

pr has nothing to do with it

PR is for link sellers etc

parklejojo

some advice

Post by parklejojo »

I get the same problems with Weblelo.
Here is my website:
http://www.dragonorient.com/home.php (Typo corrected by admin)

Any friend pls give me some advice. Thx.

coop99

Re: some advice

Post by coop99 »

parklejojo wrote:I get the same problems with Weblelo.
Here is my website:
htttp://www.dragonorient.com/home.php

Any friend pls give me some advice. Thx.
It would not be a bad idea to put a working link to your site if you would like people to view it for advice on ranking or links.

Also, the "general SEO" forum seems like a better place for this post as the Google forum is more for Google related topics and discussions.

AfricanMango1

Post by AfricanMango1 »

I'd start from the beginning. Delete the links to the links farms from my site. You won't be penalised even though you have a lot of inbound links from link farms, the problem is if you link to them. And would start getting some links in a natural way: from relevant sites and directories.

It may take some weeks to be out of the sandbox, and the PR will be updated by the end of the year.

ammon

Post by ammon »

I think SEO Madrid has the best idea.