Fresh Content | Increase PR Value | Work?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
directfuture

Fresh Content | Increase PR Value | Work?

Postby directfuture » Fri May 18, 2007 11:52 pm

I have a bit of an unusual question, I know that Google loves fresh; unique and good quality content, if done correct this can improve your position and PR.

Now for the unusual bit

Example

Our home page has 500 well-written words and a good position on the first page with Google for our main search term.

1 month later we replace the 500 well written words with another 500 well written words, and do the same again 1 month later. Each time we replace the content our site does not drop off the first page, it just moves a couple of places ether way.

So now we have established that no matter which 3 pieces of content/writing is on our home page Google seems to like for now (algorithms)

Does Google class the content as “fresh” or will it remember it if I keep on cycling the 3 different pieces writing each month?

Hope this make sense

Cheers
James

PLEASE STOP THE SPAM IN THIS FORUM - SPOILS IT FOR EVERYONE ELSE

king2163

Postby king2163 » Sat May 19, 2007 12:45 am

Google keep track history of your website and those historical data determine ranking of your website.

easycash81

Postby easycash81 » Tue May 22, 2007 5:45 pm

Yes google does keep the history but google also like well written fresh content. if yout title . <b> <h1> are using the same keywords then there is no way to drop in rankings.
[Double URL's removed for spam. Please see our terms & Policies. Post only one link per message - ADMIN]

VladTepes

Postby VladTepes » Thu May 24, 2007 2:10 am

if your targeted keywords highly emphasized on your first original content then putting lesser emphasized new content, this may affect your rankings i think..

better keep general keywords about your site...
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

easycash81

Postby easycash81 » Wed May 30, 2007 3:34 am

I have a similar problem,

when ever i change a content of the site my rankings drops for 3-4 days
[Double URL's removed for spam. Please see our terms & Policies. Post only one link per message - ADMIN]

Return to “Google”