Sandbox Effect?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
etech-racheal

Re: Sandbox Effect?

Postby etech-racheal » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:04 am

Sandbox, in which a new or penalized site is spidered by the google bots, accumulates backlinks & page rank, but does not appear in google searches for appropriate keywords.

chuckenchile

The nature of the sandbox

Postby chuckenchile » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:30 am

I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out what exactly sandboxing is, and if my site was really in one. many of the descriptions were like the one above, but I am not sure exactly at what point my site left the sandbox. Here is the time line, more or less. Granted this all took place in the middle of the Google overhaul, etc.

I start a new site in mid January with a new domain.

The site is no where to be found on google, inspite of site maps and submissions for about 30 days. This I would say was sandboxing, accept it seemed to correspond also to google update schedule more or less. They simply had not updated.

For the next 2-3 months, i have PR 0, but I am in apearing in Google, and on the top 10 for many keyterms. So, I figure I am kind of sandboxed.

Finaly, last month my page gets a rank of PR of 5 on google. I also start getting reports and stats for links to my sites ect. I figure that I can say that this is the end of the sandbox.

My theory is that the relative short time was in part do to hard work with links and content, etc. But also I suspect it had something to do with lack of competion for my subject, southern Chile in English.

My question is at what part of what happened to my site was really the "sandbox" effect, and what was just time?

peterko

Google is unpredictable

Postby peterko » Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:28 am

Google is unpredictable.

It's so many factors can affect your site PR. You say, after certain time you started getting links back. By the way, the quality of backlinks is also very important. Bad quality links could even make your site downgraded, even send you back to nowhere (PR = nothing).

So, when you analize your statistic in reference to "sandbox", it's really hard to say when exactly you get in & out. That's Google's secret.

Have a great day,
from SupremeDeal.com
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

bigmallrat

Postby bigmallrat » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:37 am

I was in the sandbox for 10 months... almost 11. One day, I started getting top rankings and I was out.
You just have to wait.,
The Lord giveth and Google Taketh Away
Scott

Return to “Google”