How to increase Google Page Rank

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
valentino

Postby valentino » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:22 am

TRy building more content and also inbound links.

AfricanMango1

Postby AfricanMango1 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:44 am

PageRank is purely mathematical, based on the number of IBLs and the PR of the sites that are linking to you. There are several ways to get IBLs: directory submission, article submission, RSS syndication, reciprocal linking, blogs, forums...

wmseo2

Postby wmseo2 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:47 pm

Worry more about ranking and less about PR. PR is more of a factor of links, than a measurement of your site's ability to rank well.

willkey

google

Postby willkey » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:38 pm

Hi all I'm working hard to be ranked on google, but I think google has a hard algoritmic :? I'm going quite good on msn, well I keep on to work to optimize my site, bye for now
P.S. just work hard and exchange links

etech-racheal

Re: Google Page Rank

Postby etech-racheal » Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:45 pm

avenawilson wrote:Hi,

Just wondering how I can optimize my site (www.get-secured-loans.co.uk) to get a page rank(>5) on google .

PR is related with number of quality backlinks you have. So try to get more quality backlinks.

Also update content regularly this helps in increasing PR.

As Seen On TV

In case you didn't know!

Postby As Seen On TV » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:41 pm

In case you didn't know, to get your PR rating up it is essential to have a significant number of good quality links to your site (the techy bit)... to make a link count, the page who is linking to you needs to have a PR of 4 or more (the higher the better). That's not all though... Every link that page has to another site gives some of the PR away, and every inbound link gives it more, so to know if having a link from another site is going to benefit you very much, you need to look at the PR and then find out how many inbound and outbound links is has! phew! :D
As Seen On TV

jcai

Postby jcai » Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:51 pm

Quality inbound links would be one of the most important factors that affect your PR

imike

Postby imike » Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:58 am

More good content and quality link from other side to you. Don't link to spamming site. Don't spam as well on your site and you be safe...

username

Postby username » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:38 am

dondorino,

how have You figured out, that one IBL from PR6 would give an increase of one to avenawilson? Do You know exactly, how SE counts that?

A link for further information or brief eplanation would be really appreciated :wink:

http://www.reklamainternete.com

Hagens

Postby Hagens » Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:00 am

Someone said "worry more about ranking, than Google PR"

You're right, but.... if you're page rank is high, and your page is optimized, then won't you get a higher listing with google?

username

Postby username » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:42 am

Hagens,

I think You are write, but those who say that you should more care about ranking than PR are also right, because there are plenty of pages on the web which get top 10 listing in google even though they have 0/10 PR!

--
povilas@reklamainternete.com

username

Postby username » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:29 am

bermuda,

if Your site is in quite competetive market, PR becomes really important, because major part of sites are refreshened regularly :)

Then overall position depends only on PR, am I wrong? 8)

--
Povilas
http://www.reklamainternete.projektas.lt

dabotbool

Google Page rank

Postby dabotbool » Wed May 10, 2006 4:47 pm

Try to have related web sites to link to your web site also try to have higher page rank web sites link to you

JayJay

Page Rank

Postby JayJay » Sat May 27, 2006 1:39 pm

Good SEO and a Decent Links....will do the JOb

coolzs

Postby coolzs » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:04 pm

If you have a lots of competitors, you should focus on PR, especially if they have high PR sites. The reason is that you can not be in a good position in SERP for a long time if you have many competitors. So forget the SERP for even few months. Just focus on PR by exchanging links.

If you don't have many competitors with your keyword(s), you should focus on both PR and SERP. In link exchange strategies, make sure to find good partners. Never link to "bad" ones. Consider the relevancy also.

Return to “Google”