Google Datacenters

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
bigmallrat

Google Datacenters

Postby bigmallrat » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:53 pm

What's with the datacenters?
I checked my keywords on the Google Datacenters Watch page (http://www.mcdar.net/dance/index.php) and my keyword comes in at number 4 across all 6 datacenters. However, when I do a search (and apparently the rest of the world), it doesn't come up. I'm not sure which datacenter is the "main" one. I have absolutely no hits from Google on keywords that do attracts many visitors from MSN, Yahoo, and Ask, so I think it's just a Google datacenter thing. Am I crazy?
Thanks,
Scott
http://www.bigmallrat.com

bigmallrat

Postby bigmallrat » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:54 am

This morning, I checked the same keywords in the datacenters site and my site is gone again. I think Google is teasing me.
Scott

coop99

Postby coop99 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:34 pm

In addition to 66.249.93.104 and 64.233.179.104, Bigdaddy is now up at 216.239.51.104

So far I know of 3 Bigdaddy DC's, so check your keywords on those by replacing www.google.com in the url with the DC's I posted above.

These will be the results shown across ALL DC's in a time yet to be determined. Matt Cutts says it will be one DC per ever 10 days or so, but I havent confirmed if that is true so far.

BTW - You should change your signature to BBcode instead of HTML as HTML is not active in the forums.

Find out about BBcode here: http://www.submitexpress.com/bbs/faq.php?mode=bbcode

bigmallrat

Postby bigmallrat » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:58 pm

Thanks a million, Coop99! Bigdaddy is the one to watch... That signifcantly helps. Unfortunately, when I checked it, the keywords I've been checking don't show my page :(
Guess I'm still in the aging delay.
Anyway, thanks again... Also, for the signature advice... you just saved me an hour of research! Now, to see if it works...
Scott

bigmallrat

Postby bigmallrat » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:59 pm

Yay. It worked!
Thanks again,
Scott

coop99

Postby coop99 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:48 pm

By aging delay, I am assuming you mean the "Sandbox" right?

I have heard from some other Webmasters that there a quite a few sites getting out of it during this update and the recent Bigdaddy changes.

Check out this post and the comments for more regarding site pages getting out of the Sandbox:

http://www.wolf-howl.com/?p=258

Oh yeah, Sig looks good!

bigmallrat

Postby bigmallrat » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:34 am

Yeah... I've been in the sandbox for almost a year now. Everything I do has no affect. It's like I've been banned. I have a few pages that come up in SERPs on Google, but the non-sychronized datacenters cause great variations when checking my positioning daily.
I did find my backlinks updated (from 17 to 21) for only the second time ever just yesterday. Guess that was about all I expect from this update.
Thanks,
Scott

coop99

Postby coop99 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:38 pm

Scott,

You should be due soon to be out. The longest I have heard anyone being in is 13 months or so. You can still do things to attract traffic and build links while you are in, so once you get out you already have many BL. Atleast you didnt loose BL, and atleast you are stilll indexed! many people have not been so lucky with Google.

bigmallrat

Postby bigmallrat » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:42 am

Hi,
Coop, thanks for the encouragement. Tholmes, thanks for the advice.
Both of which give me some hope!
Thanks again,
Scott

Return to “Google”