Google Ranking Dropped by 2 PR's

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
mythailove

Google Ranking Dropped by 2 PR's

Postby mythailove » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:30 pm

Hi, my site www.MyThaiLove.com used to be a high PR of 6 but for some reason, i got dropped down to a 4. I have done no spamming, no other stuff that would consider that. I can't for the life of me figure out what has happened. I have maintained a small PR link exchange with other high PR sites (nothing below PR4) and yet i can't figure out what has happened. This is completely strange. Does Google have cracks that some sites just fall through?

IF someone can answer this, that would be great because i'm at a loss.

Michael
http://www.MyThaiLove.com

seobob

Google Pr Dropped

Postby seobob » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:59 pm

:D My guess is you did nothing wrong. Google changes its guidelines daily. There is a strong possibility that you are linked to a partner site, that has also dropped in rank. Then you may just be a victim of circustance. In other words, Google has been making room for lower ranked websites to have the pleasure of moving up. When someone moves up, someone falls down.

My question is why is everyone taking Google PR so serious. A PR is just a program that Google implemented to rank websites. You can be a Google pr 6 and still go bankrupt. I know Google is tops. Just remember their are more top search engines out their, just as powerful as Google. Also Google has very strict guidelines. My problem with this is, Google violates any guidline they choose. Good luck....

coop99

Postby coop99 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:23 am

You may have lost some inbound links, or perhaps Google upped their PR algo a bit and now you have to catch back up. Just keep building links!!

PR doesnt really affect WHERE you appear in search results anyway it just tells the Googlebot how often to crawl your site based on the popularity as Google sees it (Generally, sites with high PR are listed higher because they are linked to a lot and visited often by bots).

mythailove

Click Fraud

Postby mythailove » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:20 pm

Do i dare tell about click fraud? LOL. I've brought it up many times to them and they just say AUTOREPLY... BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Man, there has got to be a better way to promote sites that on PPC and PR on google. I'm considering print ads again.

Man, this sucks! LOL

coop99

Re: Click Fraud

Postby coop99 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:07 am

mythailove wrote:Man, there has got to be a better way to promote sites that on PPC and PR on google.

PR is not really for promoting sites, but rather for sorting and organizing sites so that Google knows which ones to visit most according to their popularity scale (PageRank).

I think the term for promoting sites that most closely relates to PR would be 'link building' and PPC on Google.

And yes, there are other ways (not necessarily better), but it requires much know-how and researching before you can expect to be successful at your initial attempts. In addition, it would depend on what your specific niche was in order to determine what the best ways to promote that niche might be. Organic SEO and placement is one of the most cost effective ways to promote any niche site Online. The best strategies and the ones that are most successful usually use a lot of different resources, tools, services, ad campaigns and other promotional efforts at the same time (not just one or two).

Like I say to myself when things dont work out like I want..."You win some, you loose some, but in the end at least you learned something."

Take what you know and build on that. I am sure you will find a way that works for you and will jump start your product or service marketing efforts.

etech-racheal

Postby etech-racheal » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:30 am

PR is related with backlinks. So drop in PR is might be because of decrease in backlinks. So just concentrate on your backlinks.

To increase your backlinks, update content regularly, submit press release, prepare blog & list your site in directories.

All these points will help you in getting backlinks & increasing PR.

Return to “Google”