Sorry, no information is available for the URL grampatom.com

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
tomynate

Sorry, no information is available for the URL grampatom.com

Postby tomynate » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:24 pm

All of a sudden I get this when I check cached page for my site. Would like to know what causes this. First time I have seen it. I am PR4.

coop99

Postby coop99 » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:44 am

There is something going on with your urls in Google's index.

When searching for your site using your url you see the same message you got, but if you click on the link that says 'from the site' (site: command) underneath it brings up your site pages that are indeed indexed in Google.

Google search using your domain:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=& ... mpatom.com

Google search using 'site:' command:

Notice the first two results in the 'site:' link? They both reflect your homepage, which are the first two results, but the first one is actually the 'grampatom.com/sunshop' page and the second is the homepage.

Do you see the double slash marks at the end of the url in the second result? That is not right and should reflect only .com/ or .com/index.??? or something similar.

Notice the fourth url result down? The one that says 'www.grampatom.com/sunshop/index.php' is also your homepage and Google may view that page and the first result as duplicate content.

Did you just recently change urls or switch the over to a different shopping cart? Anything to do with url switching?

Somewhere in your code you have some urls with double slash marks (ie. '.com//') instead of only one, for instance the 'http://www.grampatom.com//useful.html' page has two also. In addition your copyright link has the non-www version of the url which could also cause problems to SE bots trying to sort and index your content.

You may need to research 301 redirects to fix this issue.

Make sure all your links are the same version (example-http://www.www.grampatom.com/). Check and double check that you do not have urls with two slash marks after the .com. Make sure your sitemap page is updated to reflect the urls if they are not already updated. Link to your sitemap page, main subshop page and the homepage from other quality sites using the full urls with keyword rich anchor text.

If the SE's don't figure it out for you there will need to be other steps taken in order to get things worked out in Google's index, but the other SE's might be doing the same thing if the problem isn't fixed soon, not to mention the fact that your url is nearly banned in Google probably for duplicate content or something similar.

I say that because usually when you get the message you originally asked about your site is banned or in the process of being banned. I say it is just in the process since the site: command still brings back results and you still have PR showing in the toolbar.

It wouldn't hurt to work on your backlinks either while we are on the subject of Google commands here it is (link:)

NOTE: You have a potentially serious issue on your hands and I do not recommend waiting to fix it as it could cause a lot more work, time and possibly hiring someone to fix it for you if you allow this to continue its current course within Google's index. Anytime you are banned (or in the process) it is like fighting wildfire to get back in and takes a lot of research and analysis to do most of the time.

You are not currently banned, but it appears that you are going to be based on dup content for your homepage (the most important page).

Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post reflect my personal opinions and observations concerning your site, and are meant to be taken as friendly advice not absolute solutions. The advice provided may or may not be the actual issue(s) and may or may not fix the issue(s) completely. I urge you to gather additional advice from other respected members of the SEO community in order to collect any data I may have overlooked during my brief analysis.

Member 'Submit' is a good person to ask for a second opinion!

Good luck and let us know what happens :D

tomynate

Postby tomynate » Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:40 am

Thanks much. This gives me a headache as it is a little over my head at this time, but I will research it. Fortunately I have someone knowledgable close by.

tomynate

Postby tomynate » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:43 am

I have found out that google is making a major change and that there are a lot of wierd things happening at present. My cache is back to normal. Oh welllllllll! Fun and games. Thanks. :roll:

Return to “Google”