0 links in google?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
backgammon

0 links in google?

Postby backgammon » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:29 pm

Hello all, I am a newbie.

I used the link popularity tool and I see that yahoo, MSN and the other search engines show 35 to 37 links to my site, but google shows zero? Uhm... what's up with that?

WebFreedom

Re: 0 links in google?

Postby WebFreedom » Mon Apr 17, 2006 11:29 am

backgammon wrote:Hello all, I am a newbie.

I used the link popularity tool and I see that yahoo, MSN and the other search engines show 35 to 37 links to my site, but google shows zero? Uhm... what's up with that?

Hi Jake,

I find 10 links to your site in Google:

http://www.google.com/search?q=link:+ww ... n&filter=0

All but one are from your own site. Google is notorious for not showing complete backlink data, and the current "word on the street" is that they show a random sample of the total links. This doesn't mean the links don't exist - just that Google won't tell you about them. :wink:

HTH,
Sam

etech-racheal

Re: 0 links in google?

Postby etech-racheal » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:00 am

backgammon wrote:Hello all, I am a newbie.

Dont worry about your backlinks, Google only shows small sample of backlinks. But it does not affect your PR.

Return to “Google”