Any Ideas why I don't rank well in Google

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Stephen Edwards

Any Ideas why I don't rank well in Google

Postby Stephen Edwards » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:38 am

I have been optimizing my website http://www.fourposterbed.co.uk with some degree of success on most search engines but not Google. I was high (if not top) of Google 2 years but now I don't appear anywhere on a search for four poster bed, or four poster beds. If you search four poster bed makers, my site will appear on the first page. It is as though the search term has been switched away from my site. Any ideas please?

Jermaine Tabor

Postby Jermaine Tabor » Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:13 pm

This is just a guess...

After you achieved top rankings for your prefered keywords you didnt do much seo after that.

I think you might of forgotten that others in your niche want those top rankings too.

I suggest that you find out how many anchor text links your top competitors have with your keywords in them and get back to work basicly. Just get more links than they have.

Stephen Edwards

Any Ideas

Postby Stephen Edwards » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:49 am

Thanks for the advice, I am building links as best I can at the moment. As you will appreciate, there are very few competitors in our field, but many of us makers seem to be beaten to the top of Google by hotels with four poster beds, some I have supplied. I feel that the hotels will not be optimizing their site around a certain item of furniture, so it has crossed my mind that perhaps I am trying too hard, and maybe my keywords are used too much! Six months ago we were in the top 200 listings, now we connot be found in the top 800. :? [/url]

Return to “Google”