Can't get a listing of links-in

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
colin

Can't get a listing of links-in

Postby colin » Tue Dec 28, 2004 12:00 pm

My site is up and indexed regularly by Google. I have inbound links via various directories in which I have been registered for a while and in which I definitely appear. Using the standard method for checking inbound links I found none listed.
Can anyone suggest under what circumstances this zero count might be occuring and whether this might effect my PR. Other than this, I am successfully achieving page one on various searches. (There are other shortcomings on the site which I am addressing)
Colin
www.catalyst-interim.com

eyecandy

Re: Can't get a listing of links-in

Postby eyecandy » Wed Dec 29, 2004 2:04 am

Google's Link: command does not show all links. This is well known fact. Most of teh time it displays only links from PR3 or PR4 and above pages.

A better way to check is putting your URL in quatation marks, like this:
"www.catalyst-interim.com" and then search. I see one link to you when I do that.

Also try using Submit Express's Link Popularity Check Tool and then click on the links for each engine. Most often AllTheWeb and Yahoo might show more links.

I am only seeing one link at the moment, which means if you do have other links out there, they have not been spidered yet.

colin wrote:My site is up and indexed regularly by Google. I have inbound links via various directories in which I have been registered for a while and in which I definitely appear. Using the standard method for checking inbound links I found none listed.
Can anyone suggest under what circumstances this zero count might be occuring and whether this might effect my PR. Other than this, I am successfully achieving page one on various searches. (There are other shortcomings on the site which I am addressing)
Colin
www.catalyst-interim.com

Google PR 0

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:51 am

Colin,

Have no worries. I always find whenever Google is shuffling things around, the backlinks from my site always seem to *disappear* for a short period of time. I do not think it will affect your PR. I would expect those links to be listed again momentarily.

Return to “Google”