Redirects OK with Google?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
nielloac

Redirects OK with Google?

Postby nielloac » Fri May 05, 2006 5:10 pm

I am trying to understand the Google penalties for redirects. If for example, I sell widgets and my website is www.widgets.com and I buy the URL's for www.widgetsrus.com and www.sacramentowidgets.com and I redirect them to my site www.widgets.com, am I doing something that Google will penalize?

zorlac

Postby zorlac » Fri May 05, 2006 6:50 pm

From what I understand if you're redirecting sites with duplicate content to a common URL (e.g. if www.abc.co.uk and www.def.com.au redirect to www.ghi.com) then google will see this as spamming and blacklist your site!

Hope this helps

Cheers
Zorlac

nielloac

Forwarding vs Redirect

Postby nielloac » Fri May 05, 2006 7:07 pm

Is URL forwarding the same as a redirect? If not, is forwarding a URL a Google no-no?

zorlac

Postby zorlac » Fri May 05, 2006 8:10 pm

Yeah, I believe URL forwarding and redirects are the same thing. Not 100% on that though. Possible that URL forwarding could be at the DNS...

Try Google, see what you come up with. Good luck.

Zorlac

peterko

url forwarding

Postby peterko » Sat May 06, 2006 7:32 pm

Hi there,

As far as I know url fowarding is OK for google. There is a lot of sites with alias names (e.g. alias.domainname.com) that is actually a forwarding, and those sites have pretty good google ranking.

Have a great day
from http://www.SupremeDeal.com
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

Return to “Google”