How many backlinks a month Google allows?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
beaulife

Postby beaulife » Sun May 31, 2009 7:53 am

This is an interesting topic, but I agree with some of the commenter that quality of backlinks are more vital than quantity. Google always looks at quality backlinks, i.e. related keyword and objective of the sites, but not simply any sites that link to you in quantity. Too many in quantity but not related sites are not appealing to Google at all. Hope this helps. Thanks!

http://www.bestbuyidea.com/

workinghealth

Postby workinghealth » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:09 am

I'm going to go against the grain on this one. Since a website can't control who links to them, how are link farms bad? For example couldn't a webmaster submit all competition's website into link farms and hurt them? I think link farms are ok, however the quality of links in them are crap anyways thus not making them effective. This is just my opinion.

cybernac

Postby cybernac » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Hi Kent!

You won't be hurt if people link to YOU. Google knows there is sabotage out there so they won't be counted - just ignored. Some of those PR0 junk sites may be looked upon favorably in the future so it never hurts. BUT, you don't want to link to THEM. That is the key.

*Sherri

cybernac

Postby cybernac » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:00 pm

Hi Kent!

You won't be hurt if people link to YOU. Google knows there is sabotage out there so they won't be counted - just ignored. Some of those PR0 junk sites may be looked upon favorably in the future so it never hurts. BUT, you don't want to link to THEM. That is the key.

*Sherri

me.julia72

Postby me.julia72 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:51 am

well google always cares about quality not quantity ... like quality content , quality links ... so always try to have quality back links , quality back links mean links from site those are relevant to your site's niche and also have some pr too on them ... if you are having lot of back links from un relevant site then it'll not help you a lot ,

DavidDock

Postby DavidDock » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:12 pm

hello

Return to “Google”