Future techniques by google

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
imranahmed

Future techniques by google

Postby imranahmed » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:12 am

Hello everyone,
If someone can answer this, I am not good in SEO
1).XML is getting popular now. I am not sure much but if someone know that is there any way that we update site using xml and it can pick up by google quickly.
2): 2nd is there any way of update your site using RSS ( I dont know RSS much too) and it will update quickly.

I want to know some future techniques used by google.

Web Developer

imranahmed

what about rss

Postby imranahmed » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:51 am

thanks for response.
What about rss. Because I have read on yahoo submission form that we can submit rss file too.
I dont know and never use it. any idea, its advantages or disadvantages.
I want to learn and update myself, if this is good idea to do the rss feed or xml site map techniques.
Any advice from experts will be appreciated.

thanks again.
Web Developer

imranahmed

Rss

Postby imranahmed » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:35 am

thanks Akash,

I will look at the link you provided and will try to update myself.

Web Developer

richb

Postby richb » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:04 am

Just try to use the link popularity to check, page are getting hard to listed in Google rather than others Search engine. Eg. www.bmw.com can get 161000 in Yahoo, but in Google only 2400. So many different!!!! Even www.google.com itself also lesses in its page. How come??

richb

Postby richb » Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:12 pm

2 day ago when i try to use link popularity to check, in MSN, my site have more than 1300, but now i check, it only have 30. What happen? How come so much different? Can any one help?

richb

Postby richb » Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:21 am

Try to search with http:// and without, the result not much different. Really hope that's bug cause drop from 1000 to 30. Seeing the popularity up and down, my heart also feeling up and down... :?

richb

Postby richb » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:02 am

How long does your site old?

For keeping up the popularity and PR, most import was quality of the content, quality backlink, submit to high PR directories, posting in forum, correct me if i'm wrong.

AfricanMango1

Postby AfricanMango1 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:02 am

RSS can help you because is a SEO friendly format that allows people to syndicate your contents in their sites (giving you popularity by doing it). The the key will be, as normally, on the quaility of the content that you in the RSS.

Ie, let's say that you talk about movies, you can post your reviews in a RSS Feed and, if other people are interested in them because you are an authority, they'll syndicate your RSS in their sites, giving you the popularity.

RSS just facilitates the job: allowing you to add content very easily, people syndicating the feed... but content is the key.

imranahmed

Rss also depends on Contents

Postby imranahmed » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:25 pm

Ok, I got one thing that RSS depends on contents. But do they faster than normal website submission. Like if I submit my website or If I submit my RSS feed which one will appear quicker.

Web Developer

AfricanMango1

Postby AfricanMango1 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:32 am

I don't agree that RSS will necessarily be indexed before the rest of the site. Why would that happen?

RSS is a SEO friendly format and that helps the SEs to index it, but if the rest of your site is as SEO friendly as RSS is going to be indexed at the same time.

As far as I know people use RSS because is a SEO friendly format, allows to add content easily and permits people to syndicate their sites to the feed, not because the RSS feed will be indexed quicker than the rest of the site.

AfricanMango1

Postby AfricanMango1 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:13 am

I agree that it'll help you to get indexed quicker. What I don't understand is why you're RSS Feed will be indexed before the rest of your site

AfricanMango1

Postby AfricanMango1 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:39 am

My belief is that if the rest of your site is SEO friendly it'll be indexed at the same time. The only explanation why the RSS Feed is indexed before is if you manage to get lots of people syndicated to your feed. But actually, what normally happens is that the homepage gets indexed in first place, as soon as you do some link building.

imranahmed

RSS is another way of submitting data

Postby imranahmed » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:13 pm

Hello again,

From above discussion , and using my own analysis I concluded that RSS is another way of submitting data to search engines. In submitting normal websites, the search engine catches what he likes but when we submit RSS feed then the data/contents submitting by RSS is more important to search engines rather than rest of site.

hope to keep RSS discussion further more to get something more clearer for us.

Web developer

Adan

Postby Adan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:24 am

RSS is a SEO friendly format to add contact to a site, that also gives the opportunity to other users to syndicate your content within their sites (giving you a BL). But, as SEO Madrid, I don't see why the rest of a site can't be as SEO friendly as an RSS feed.

Also, we have to bare in mind that the RSS feed format is very limited from a design point of view. The ultimate goal of a commercial site is not rank on the SEs but sell.

My opinion is that, in general, you shouldn't build the whole website in RSS format, but just save it for the parts of the site that 1) you want to refrest on regular basis and 2) you want people to syndicate.

imranahmed

Postby imranahmed » Fri Aug 11, 2006 7:30 am

Adan wrote:RSS is a SEO friendly format to add contact to a site, that also gives the opportunity to other users to syndicate your content within their sites (giving you a BL). But, as SEO Madrid, I don't see why the rest of a site can't be as SEO friendly as an RSS feed.

Also, we have to bare in mind that the RSS feed format is very limited from a design point of view. The ultimate goal of a commercial site is not rank on the SEs but sell.

My opinion is that, in general, you shouldn't build the whole website in RSS format, but just save it for the parts of the site that 1) you want to refrest on regular basis and 2) you want people to syndicate.

Good opinion, The two terms you used are new to me, can you further explain it. it can help me and users to understand your thread more clear.

1) what is BL
2) what is SEO Madrid

thanks

web developer

Return to “Google”