PR2 SITE NOT INDEXED BY GOOGLE

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
bluemoon

PR2 SITE NOT INDEXED BY GOOGLE

Postby bluemoon » Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:46 pm

Hello,

My site has been up since April 2006 but is still not indexed by Google. What puzzled me is that I have a PR7, a PR6 and two PR5 already pointing to it. Two days after these links were up, my site got a PR2. It has been a month since my site got a PR2 and it is still not indexed.

Can someone suggest what is wrong with my site? The url is http://www.uniquegiftscompany.com/

Someone had said that the bots will not spider my site and leave if I have a resource link at the bottom for link exchange. Yet so many high PR sites I see all have a link to a link exchange directory somewhere on their homepage.

I need help please...... :?

bluemoon

Postby bluemoon » Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:17 pm

Thanks for the enouragement Vistadivine. If Google gives me a PR2 but don't index me, I am worried that something is very wrong.

If having a link exchange link on the homepage is ok, then what if I have about 20 site linking to me since April, but total pages linking to me is 150 pages. Therefore, it shows up as 150 backlinks. It may be too many too fast ?

Any comments will be appreciated.

1SCROLLNET

Postby 1SCROLLNET » Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:36 am

bluemoon,
no is not real what you were told.
to be sure and updated with the googlebot indexation you have to create a sitemap account in google, so that you can upload your website sitmap, and the googlebot will visit your website regulary.

Do not forget to upload robots.txt also .
this is the only method to be updated of goglebot indexation by date of indexation.

AfricanMango1

Postby AfricanMango1 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:07 am

Search Engines follow links, so if you want your site spidered you need other sites linking to you. If you have several high PR sites pointing to you you should be indexed fairly quickly. I'd keep getting BL from as many sources as you can to speed up the process.

PS: You NEED Googlemaps to keep your site spidered? I don't think so.

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:56 pm

Yeah i think ISCROLLNET is a little wrong about the robots.txt. I dont think that person even knows what it does. Get your site listed on some directories and linked from other sites and your site will be indexed. You dont need sitemaps for indexing!

oksana

Postby oksana » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:40 am

bluemoon wrote:Thanks for the enouragement Vistadivine. If Google gives me a PR2 but don't index me, I am worried that something is very wrong.

If having a link exchange link on the homepage is ok, then what if I have about 20 site linking to me since April, but total pages linking to me is 150 pages. Therefore, it shows up as 150 backlinks. It may be too many too fast ?

Any comments will be appreciated.

Register in Google search engine and check your site optimization on various tools. I think your site is a very slow then Google don't wait while it is loaded fully and leave your site.

richb

Postby richb » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:49 pm

Did robots.txt necessary?

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:23 am

Yeah robot.txt does not help you get indexed. It only helps pages not get indexed if you want them to be that way, like private pages and such.

Return to “Google”