Are discussion forums helpful to be listed in google?

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
imranahmed

Are discussion forums helpful to be listed in google?

Post by imranahmed »

Hello everyone,
I am trying to get listing in google but it seems to me very hard. I have seen many of websites running forums So I installed a forum on my website too, http://www.car-sale.org.uk/

Now I need to get some advice from all of developers, expertise, seo people about this technique.
If people come and join my forum, does it realy help if they leave a hyperlink on my website or it will decrease my ranking because they leaving a link and in return I am getting no link on their website.

Please feel free to discuss to help understand me the issue.

thanks in advance.
:shock:

overdriveelectronics

Post by overdriveelectronics »

Do a good size linking campaign with other sites that have higher page rank. If you do this correctly and still write in forums and list your site in directories then your site will be picked up by google. Ranking high in google is another story, you will need to work harder on that!

imranahmed

got two things from this discussion, good PR and contents

Post by imranahmed »

Thanks for advice with useful information from both of you. I got two things from these dicussion, one useful contents, if contents are without links then it is more better.
Second I need to get good PR, to make my forum succesful.

But the thing is how to get good PR. Mostly website having a good PR asking for money. I have submitted my site to many engines but in most of them my website do not appear.
With high PR ranking website, its hard to get listed in their website.

Any idea how to get some good PR for my this website.

Car Sale Website

overdriveelectronics

Directories will help you get a higher PR. Most directories have a good pr and if you can get listed on those, after a while your site will have a good pr. There are many places to get a good list of directories and here is one to start you off:

http://www.directorycritic.com/free-directory-list.html

Good luck on getting a good PR!

overdriveelectronics

It will take some time but if you do it correctly then your site will be good to go soon enough. Good luck!

imranahmed

Post by imranahmed »

overdriveelectronics wrote:Directories will help you get a higher PR. Most directories have a good pr and if you can get listed on those, after a while your site will have a good pr. There are many places to get a good list of directories and here is one to start you off:

http://www.directorycritic.com/free-directory-list.html

Good luck on getting a good PR!

Yep I seen this directory and submit my site to few one. Its seems to me good and free. However it takes some time to submit each directry manually.
Any one knows more directories with high PR.
I have submited to dmoz but still not apearing in it. How long does it take to list in dmoz.

Car Sale Website

overdriveelectronics

It can take a very long time to list in dmoz. I know some sites had to wait for 8 months to get listed and some still are not listed years later. It all depends on your editor and how well your site looks to them.

imranahmed

Post by imranahmed »

vistadivine wrote:overdriveelectronics already told you a good method to build quality and free links and one another method is to keep posting in forums like you are doing now. It also helps you get good PR and even high rankings.

And as far as directory submission is concerned you should check my website I will be publishing a long list of free non reciprocal directories.

Akash Kumar
Yep Akash, I checked your site. Its realy good. Especially you worked well on the contents section. I have submitted my site to few directories and search engine, hopefully my site will appear in those.

web developer

imranahmed

Post by imranahmed »

vistadivine wrote:Thanks imran and make sure that you take a look at my site within few days because I am going to update my sites design and I am also going to add more useful stuff.

Akash Kumar
Dont worry, I will. I will keep checking because I need some good links website.

Free Services to sell your car

imranahmed

Links and PR

Post by imranahmed »

As we discussing about forums, but I got one question in my mind. What is more important when we talk about PR and back links. I have seen some websites who got more links but less PR.

Sell your car faster for free

richb

Post by richb »

Hi Akash, did that necessary to put sitemap in our page? I had create sitemap and submit to yahoo as well as google, but i didn't put the link in my page.

richb

Post by richb »

I said your site and put a sitemap, so, thinking whether my site want to put a sitemap or not.

imranahmed

PR or number of links

Post by imranahmed »

vistadivine wrote:Well Imran,

When we are talking about link poplarity it means the number of websites linking to your website but PageRank is totally different it is given by Google according to the quality of links not the quantity.

Suppose 100 people link to you then thats link popularity but suppose that only 1 website with PR 5 links to you then your PR will be 4 and this is quality.

Akash Kumar
Yep you are right Akash, I just checked one site, its number of links were small in counting but its PR was 6 and it was coming on top, thats is reason it make me wonder about PR quality.

Sell your car faster for free

imranahmed

If google counts PR and back links then why is ?

Post by imranahmed »

Ok We are talking about PR and backlinks. From our conversation google should strict with its rules. But why this website exentrix.co.uk is coming on first page and in most cases on top. Its PR is very low (1/10) and its number of BR are few too (less than 60). but I am monitoring this website always come on first page when we type in web design bradford or web designers bradford.

can anyone have idea of this. Is this google game or something else.

Free car listing services

imranahmed

Are we looking for traffic or PR's

Post by imranahmed »

hmm, that no good. I guessed before that it could possible that this is hapening because exentrix website is very old and have good alexa rank.
But I am still confused with our submit express threads, if exentrix can come in google without PR and BR and then why not we stress and discuss those factors in our threads. Why not we use the same strategy of exentrix and get on number one. Our aim in these discussion forums is not to get good PR or BR's but a good traffic.
I will try to do bit more search on this. anyway thanks akash

Use our free services to sell your car