Pls Suggest in improving PR

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:53 pm

Link more sites to yours, get in more directories and link to more relevant sites to yours. If you do this and do it well, your PR will increase. Also, add some quality and fresh content!

oksana

Postby oksana » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:49 am

Write articles about your site and add them to other sites. Also press releases, that increase your popularity. For example, my site is found in different press releases and offer me to exchange links.
Of course, if you exchange links with other site always look at them. Only high quality content sites increase your PR.

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:34 am

Articles are always good, especially if its a topic that people want to read. It would be good to write articles that have to do with your website, but if not write about something you know very well, but you need to include a link back to yourself or they will be useless!

etech-racheal

Postby etech-racheal » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:08 am

To get high PR, it is important to get more high quality backlinks. To get more backlinks submit your site in directories, update content regularly, prepare blog on your site, and use targeted keywords in your content. All these points will help you in getting more backlinks, when your backlinks are more then it helps in getting high PR.

Torsten

Postby Torsten » Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:41 am

vistadivine wrote:Submitting to directories is also a good strategy of increasing your sites PR. You can submit your website to 100 free directories here.

Akash Kumar
What is the real value of directory entries linking to a site?! I'm asking this, because there are many often thousands of entries within an directory. Doesn't this decrease the value/ influence on PR for each link/site?!

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:25 am

Directories are viewed by search engines as valuable. If your site is included on them, then your site will be viewed as more valuable than sites that are not included. The good directories put their many links on different pages, so it gives each link a better chance and the pages have good PR so it gives your site a better PR eventually!

Torsten

Postby Torsten » Tue Aug 22, 2006 7:02 am

overdriveelectronics wrote:Directories are viewed by search engines as valuable. If your site is included on them, then your site will be viewed as more valuable than sites that are not included. The good directories put their many links on different pages, so it gives each link a better chance and the pages have good PR so it gives your site a better PR eventually!
Why would they do so. I can understand that this might be the case with higher quality directories. But many directories list almost anything as long as it is a website. How do search engines distinguish between quality links and none-quality links. The only thing I can think about is that they compare keyword frequencies/densities of the site with the one the backlinks are coming from.
Lets assume ones site is about CNC-technology. If the backlinks come from sites that deal with CNC-technology this should be better. What I'm saying is only based on assumptions and what I've read about linkpopularity.

Return to “Google”