Very quick ranking in google? What did I do

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Dirtbag

Very quick ranking in google? What did I do

Postby Dirtbag » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:56 am

Last week I went live with a site I've been doing (and i'm using this link because I think it's relevent) www.thefilmwall.co.uk the site got index within a day and also got great ranking. I think that by using google adsense you get it in quicker but this is only a theory and I don't really know why? if anyone wants to fill me in why this happen as I've been reading other messages and they all seem to be saying it takes ages.

Is this conincidence or is there a reason why?

Thanks
www.thefilmwall.co.uk - Online showreel hosting

Adan

Postby Adan » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:42 pm

As vistadivine said, AdSense is 100% ignored by the GoogleBot.

Dirtbag

I know but still doesn't make a lot of sense

Postby Dirtbag » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:33 am

I have read and do understand the guidelines. I think 99.9% of people would agree that it would be a conflict of interest if your site ranking or placement on Google was effected by being a subscriber to AdWords. But A. it still doesn't answer why it got in do high and so quick and B. let me ask you guys this.

Would it be a conflict of interest if your site got indexed quicker? not ranked or placed just indexed? As I said I have already read into this and I haven't found anything to support it but also neither have I found anything that flatly denies it either.

What do you think?

Adan

Postby Adan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:45 am

It must be something else, not AdSense. Sometimes it happens. Maybe you got an BL from a very popular site, that is spidered everyday, and Google was doing an upload during this days. Those things happen, but always bare in mind how the SEs operate: they follow links, that's how they land and spider your site... so the explanation must be related with that.

Dirtbag

Postby Dirtbag » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:08 pm

brentjh wrote:Don't mean to burst your bubble, but if you have a look at your link popularity on submitexpress your site does not list on google.

On the contrary, your not bursting any bubbles... Then again that wasn't the question I was asking in the first place... The sites only been live for three weeks now so it really wouldn't have very high ranking anywhere. That was my original point, why had it got such a high placement in Google so quickly without any links? It seems all the replies keep saying it's about linkage and BL, but at the time it didn't have any but still got higher placement with certain keywords, than sites you would think should have beaten it.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining but I've been keeping a close eye on all the other sites statistics and it's not coming up as high elsewhere.

I just wanted to ask, I know everyone says it's about links after looking at SEO sites and also Google's own papers, why is it content is mentioned as much in forums? Is this not as important as links?

:)[/i]

kremit

Listed really fast.

Postby kremit » Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:00 pm

I had similar experiences when I enrolled in a PPC ad service. I think the reason my site was listed so fast was because I linked to it from my other sites that had a pagerank above 4.

Sitemaps also helped google index my sites faster in the past.

foreststone

Postby foreststone » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:50 am

if your site is new, or you just upload new content on your site, normally your site will be ranked at top position, it is normal , but not last for long time.

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:24 am

I agree with vistadivine, you can have the most links out there and rank #200. You can also have only about 100 links and rank #2. Its all about quality with Google!

Dirtbag

ummmm

Postby Dirtbag » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:22 pm

vistadivine wrote:
junoman wrote:What keyword are you ranking for? It might be non-competetitive. Also, what you explain could be part of the sandbox algorithm, which a lot of sites have experienced in the past, which is you get a quick ranking for a few weeks, but then it dissapears for months until you get enough links.

Ya I agree the keyword he would be ranking high would not have been competitive as we know that ranking no.1 for your company name or similar things is as easy as pie.

Akash Kumar

Thanks Akash, "he" has a name! Keywords include showreel, Online, and hosting. Now not to be obvious but with one of the major words being hosting I think you get the picture.

I do agree though that if in honesty the hard work to rank the highest on that collection is showreel! And is the one I'm trying to get for the site. Just type it in and see what comes up... haven't even found the site yet! there are sites though that have brilliant ranking that are still below ours though.

Thanks to all with constructive answers!

BTDINO

only 152,000 results

Postby BTDINO » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:26 pm

only 152,000 results for showreel hosting anything under a million results is a piece of cake

Return to “Google”