Using a search term as a link

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
ric

Using a search term as a link

Postby ric » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:40 am

Something else I just found, someone posted a link in a blog that will use a Google search phrase to list your site in the resluts. Just tested it a bit and it seems to work. Though I don't imagine the crawlers will like it. But at least it will create some popularity for a search phrase, even if it is vague. try this link and see what I mean.

'Hotels in Mallorca' as the link text
[url]http://www.google.com/search?q=mallorca.xcapewithus.com&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8[/url]

Any comments?

webmaster
[url=http://www.imakesite.com]website builder[/url]

Ultraseeker

Postby Ultraseeker » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:25 pm

that's what people refer to as link reputation...
Using keywords in your text links is good practice. Just don't overdo it.
Last edited by Ultraseeker on Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

dgribbons

Postby dgribbons » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:38 pm

You can also make images into links. This is very search engine friendly, especially using the alt tag. You use the alt tag, to include terms you want the search engines to register your page for.

For example, lets say you have a video game site. You might have a picture of a Mario Brothers game on it. By setting the alt tag in the image link to "mario brothers video game", that helps the search engines to associate that page to video games.

HealthInfo

Postby HealthInfo » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:31 am

dgribbons wrote:You can also make images into links. This is very search engine friendly, especially using the alt tag. You use the alt tag, to include terms you want the search engines to register your page for.

For example, lets say you have a video game site. You might have a picture of a Mario Brothers game on it. By setting the alt tag in the image link to "mario brothers video game", that helps the search engines to associate that page to video games.

Alt tags are a good alternative to anchor text. If you do it too much, it can be considered spam. Just don't overstuff them alt keywords.

Return to “Google”