New site - should I pay for one way link and SEO

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Post Reply
fattony
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:59 pm
Contact:

New site - should I pay for one way link and SEO

Post by fattony »

Hi all

I have a site which is fairly new, www.worldide.com im new to internet marjeting and keen to learn.

I have signed up with adwords - which is doing fairly well got quite a few clicks already. I've manually submitted the domain to a number of FREE search engines but considering signing up to a SEO company.

I've created blogs which I update and ping on a regular basis, the googlebot and msnbot have both visited my site 6 times - I assume this is good ?

Im considering signing up with linkdash.com for about $10 they offer about 2500 one way links, Im currently signed up with traffic swar ( I think thats the one) tey offer 5000 hits which is supposed to be targetted traffic but Im not so sure as alot of my visitor spend about 30 seconds on my site.

So should I sign up to a one way link site and a SEO company and how do I get recognised by google (when I enter my domain into the search bar its not found) This is a genuine site and hundreds of other people have suceeded with similar sites, its all about the marketing.

What do I need to do to generate extera traffic and get recognised by search engines.

Appreciate your input
www.worldide.com

richb
Posts: 125
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:24 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Post by richb »

Did that good result with linkdash.com? Try to search you site popularity, it show zero??

kremit
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:57 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by kremit »

Cheaper is usually worse links.


You could pay 1500 a month for 1$ links each, and still get 0 links on Google.


Use reputable places to get your links from, OR build them yourself:
forums
articles
directories


Have fun!
[url=http://www.searchenginespecialists.net/]Search Engine Specialists[/url]

Zhra
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:27 pm
Contact:

Post by Zhra »

Well,,,,.
Your working in tow sides
First you would like to get higher page rank and availability in search engines
Second you would like to get good number of visitors to your website
So, the conclusion is to get your website as popular as you can
For that I prefers for you
Instead of baying text link ads
Pay this amount of money to some one can submit your web site in 5000 search engine like this URL
http://www.exactseek.com/featured_listings.html
[url=http://www.zhra.net/]Zhra Gallery![/url]

Adan
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:31 pm
Contact:

Post by Adan »

Signing to a links farm program won't help your rankings. It won't damage them either if you don't link back, but that sounds like a link farm to me and you'd be wasting your money. Get some quality links, that's worth it.

markov

Post by markov »

kremit wrote:Cheaper is usually worse links.


You could pay 1500 a month for 1$ links each, and still get 0 links on Google.


Use reputable places to get your links from, OR build them yourself:
forums
articles
directories


Have fun!
The mantra of getting links is to participate in forums and submit the site in directories.

TravelandHoliday
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:41 am
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by TravelandHoliday »

To submit to directories is still the best choice I think. Why? Backlinks from directories usually are permanent. You can easily buy a manual submission service to do that (about $10 for 200 directories submission).

However, the accept rate varies for free directory submission. (webmasters are lazy) :) You can buy featured links from directories. For eg, $4.95 you can get life time featured link from one of my directories: http://www.gwdir.com/ :lol:
[url=http://travelandholidaying.com/]Travel and Holiday Blog[/url]

neilb
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:42 am
Contact:

Post by neilb »

Right then.... There are some great comments in this thread. But here is my advice.

Firstly, lets start at the roots. If you want a professional site that is to become a valid resource to the Entrepreneur, then make it look professional. When i went to your site, there were problems with text merging together and dead links.

Once you have done that, I suggest thinking about your title. 'Free Info For Entrepreneurs' would perhaps be a little more catchy as something like 'The Entrepreneurs mine' (that was off the top of my head, but im trying to say, use a little imagination and try to make it look like you have put some effort in). You could also try and design a logo for the site instead of just text.

I know it may sound like im being a bit harsh, but if your serious about your site, then you have to put the work in. The internet isnt the easy get rich scheme everyone thinks it is.

Now, lets move on to optimisation. You need to get some tools. If your on a tight budget, all you really need is the keyword assistant tool on overture and seo quake. Use these tools to find the right keywords for your site. You want to be looking for phrases that generate the highest number of searches against the least amount of competition (make sure the keywords are relevant to your site).

You ideally want about 70 characters in your title and 155 in your description. Make sure that your meta tags have a high keyword density, but at the same time read will to searchers (no point having the no.1 position in google in no-one is clicking on your listing).

Then try to make sure the copy on each page is optimised with the keywords you picked for the title and description. Always have a different title and description for each page.

Once you have done these things (not sure if I have explained too well, but reading this should help at least a little) you should then submit to the larger directories. I know you have to pay, but its worth it .

I hope you find this info useful. It is though just the tip of the iceberg and if you want any more advice just ask, there is always someone in these forums happy to help. :)
[url=http://www.drivewithus.net]The Cheap new car dealer[/url]

Eavesy
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:48 am
Location: Lancaster, England
Contact:

Post by Eavesy »

xc06 wrote:To submit to directories is still the best choice I think. Why? Backlinks from directories usually are permanent. You can easily buy a manual submission service to do that (about $10 for 200 directories submission).

However, the accept rate varies for free directory submission. (webmasters are lazy) :) You can buy featured links from directories. For eg, $4.95 you can get life time featured link from one of my directories: http://www.gwdir.com/ :lol:
Do you really think someone will manually submit to 200 directories for $10? I mean that is about 15 hours work if you are quick.
Owner of The SEO Company

semz
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:15 am
Location: shiyan hubei china
Contact:

Re: New site - should I pay for one way link and SEO

Post by semz »

fattony wrote:Hi all

I have a site which is fairly new, www.worldide.com im new to internet marjeting and keen to learn.

I have signed up with adwords - which is doing fairly well got quite a few clicks already. I've manually submitted the domain to a number of FREE search engines but considering signing up to a SEO company.

I've created blogs which I update and ping on a regular basis, the googlebot and msnbot have both visited my site 6 times - I assume this is good ?

Im considering signing up with linkdash.com for about $10 they offer about 2500 one way links, Im currently signed up with traffic swar ( I think thats the one) tey offer 5000 hits which is supposed to be targetted traffic but Im not so sure as alot of my visitor spend about 30 seconds on my site.

So should I sign up to a one way link site and a SEO company and how do I get recognised by google (when I enter my domain into the search bar its not found) This is a genuine site and hundreds of other people have suceeded with similar sites, its all about the marketing.

What do I need to do to generate extera traffic and get recognised by search engines.

Appreciate your input
hi i have had click one ad in your website :D
i come frome china to study search engine optimizitaion who also like make firends with everybody...

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests