Why am I number 1 page 1 in google search engine

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Steve m

Why am I number 1 page 1 in google search engine

Post by Steve m »

If you do a search for panic alarms on Google my site comes up as number 1 on page 1, according to all the advice here it shouldn't be listed.

The site has been going for a long time and I optimised it when I first started trading.

The site is only updated saying to move to our new site, there is little text and the links are internal links.

Its page ranked 4.

According to some metatag analysers it should be banned for keyword spamming.

I do not know where the reference to stun guns come from, they are illegal to sell in the UK.

The site in case it does not come up as number 1 for you is www.mfll.co.uk

overdriveelectronics

Post by overdriveelectronics »

First off, why do you care about being number 1. Isnt that everyones goal. I wouldnt ask why, just accept it. But, I see that you have about 900 links pointing to your site. Do they have the words panic alarms in the anchor text? If so, thats why you are number one. Also, the competition for the keyword is low, so its easier to rank for it!
[url=http://www.overdriveelectronics.com]Electronics[/url]

Steve m

Post by Steve m »

The reason I would like to know is because I am obviously doing something right, if I knew what I was doing right I could maybe apply it to all my pages.

I will never just accept things if I fail in something I would like to know why, if I succeed in something it is even more important to know why, the day I accept things is the day my business will start its decline.

Excuse my ignorance but is the anchor the bit that people read below the link when searching on search engines.

It appears to me that you can do all you can to optimise your site it is still a lottery as to whether you get a good listing.

This does highlight the fact plurals do make a difference in search engines well Google anyway.

Panic alarms my site is number 1 page 1
panic alarm is halfway down the second page.

Eavesy

Post by Eavesy »

The fact that the site is old is the reason that you are no.1, don't question it just be happy!
Owner of The SEO Company