Hi im a little new to all this -- here is my story - im running a forum & we recently changed providers. before we changed we were getting cached regualary(apprx every 5days) by google & the words from our index were comming up nicely in google searches BUT now that we changed providers google hasnt cached (or hasnt been able to) since 1st feb - i think it tried when we were down on the 22nd feb but failed coz we were not there. Ive recently added a site map so i hope that might help but im a little confused by a few things...
1. When i use google verification where (which folder) do i put the html file into ?& how does it work ?
2. When i add a site to google webmasters tools how do i know if its supposed to have WWW at the begining or not & will it make a difference to google bot if i add 2 sites , one with WWW at the front & one without ?
3. When i make a sitemap & if i have a forum would i start the sitemap from here 'www.site.com' or here 'www.site.com/forum/' & then which folder would i put it if were a forum
4. how long does google take to recache us now that we have been down for a while & why if we have been visted by google are we not cached ?
thx so much for any help im pulling my hair with all this right now
This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:37 am
i have added a sitemap and google processed it ok but our site still has problems being cached in fact it recently reverted back to previous cache than the cache which i last saw there i think im doing eveything right & i never had any problems before we moved provider - our provider suggested that google may have cached our site incorrectly - Please can anyone help me
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests