Main page not completely indexed

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
Mike Spieth

Main page not completely indexed

Postby Mike Spieth » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:22 am

I'm a newbie and this is my first site. Google has indexed my main page, but using the keywords in my description won't result in my site coming up in a google search. If I google my domain name, the description is indeed there. With yahoo, all is fine and many searches come up with my site.
I have just duplicated the description, more or less, and added the text to the page after reading a lot on this forum. I just can't stand to wait another 4-6 weeks to see if this does anything! Anyone think this will help? My site is at http://www.mikespieth.com

viradian

Postby viradian » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:11 am

Google takes a little longer than Yahoo...my site took months to index, and then only the home page would be indexed...

Only now, after a year, did I start showing up in the search results...from what I've learned over the year, I think I could get listed a lot quicker.

Exchange links with other sites related to you that are in Google's index. It will be so much quicker than submitting...

Mike Spieth

Postby Mike Spieth » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Thanks so much for the encouragment. It gets frustrating waiting weeks for google to do something, making a few changes and then waiting again!

Return to “Google”