Yahoo Search Results gives wrong description for my website!

This forum is for discussion of Yahoo Search only. For Yahoo Directory please post under Directories.
Janna122003

Re: Yahoo Search Results gives wrong description for my webs

Postby Janna122003 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:39 pm

crystalique wrote:Hi everyone, I need your help!

I recently published my website online. I craft and sell a safe and trendy alternative to painful body jewelry. The website address is http://www.crystalique.com

When searching for "crystalique" in yahoo, the first heading that shows is linked to my site, and here begins the problem... Unfortunately, the description that shows for my site under Yahoo Search Results doesn't apply to my website, nor is it taken from its contents. It seems that Yahoo keeps referring to an old website of the same name (which no longer exists and was not mine) as this now-defunct site is still cached in the Yahoo repertory. I've tried everything from contacting Yahoo to adding the proper metatags to my html codes, without any result so far. :cry:

Could someone help me on how to update the description that Yahoo Search Results attaches to my website? I just cannot live with having a ridiculous description linked to the site I created with care and attention. I am stuck in a bad position and cannot market my site at all until this problem is resovled. Please help!

Thanks to all.

Crystal

maybe yahoo was not yet indexing your new description on your site. Check the cached page if it's already indexed after changing the description or any content within your site.

Try to submit your site on bookmarking site so that it will be index again or submit your site map on yahoo.
Actuator by MEA Inc.

dsouza

Re: Yahoo Search Results gives wrong description for my webs

Postby dsouza » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:31 am

it may be becouse of google dancing.

chris26

Re: Yahoo Search Results gives wrong description for my website!

Postby chris26 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:55 am

Make sure you have meta tags and title and description you want on your site. Use keywords on links from directories and social bookmarks. You can even set up a blog and write about your site and link to it with keywords you want yahoo to use.

Once you have some more links yahoo should reindex your new description for you website. Yahoo has to spider the website and then change the description then it will be listed correctly in yahoo.
Cheap Web Hosting And Domain Registration PayPal Accepted
Cheap Vps

lucia123

Re: Yahoo Search Results gives wrong description for my website!

Postby lucia123 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:09 am

Clear and concise advice.

How often do you recommend website’s evaluate the value of links to determine if they should be disavowed?

Thanks!

Return to “Yahoo Search”