How to Get Ranking in Yahoo

This forum is for discussion of Yahoo Search only. For Yahoo Directory please post under Directories.
plattcollections

How to Get Ranking in Yahoo

Postby plattcollections » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:42 am

I have many website which rank in google but not rank in yahoo ?

what technique i apply

peterko

Yahoo & Google ranking

Postby peterko » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Yes, you're right, I also noticed Google & Yahoo rank the sites differently. I think it happen because Google & Yahoo use different algorythms and they weight different aspects of the site differently. Very possible it happen because Google & Yahoo treat website cache differently, For examply Yahoo is changing cache faster than Google, and while you still have a good ranking in Google your ranking in Yahoo is already dropped. I also suspect what is good for Google is not good for Yahoo simply because they are compatitors (I might be wrong saying that).
Usually I do the things for my web site, not for the search engines, and of course I apply the same basic SEO technics.

I'm not sure, but someone say Yahoo likes higher keyword density. Also on page optimization in Yahoo has much more weight than in Google, and incoming links have much less weight than in Google. Once again I'm not sure.

Have a great day
Name brand clothing for less - Sale, discount, coupons!
Supreme Clothing for men and women

VladTepes

Postby VladTepes » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:35 pm

First, you have to be appropriate whenever you are placing links or posting topic.

BTW, some says yahoo loves contents, make sure you have complete tags on head part of your html.
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

Ka-canor

Postby Ka-canor » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:32 am

Agreed yahoo love content and the rest density IMO.

macy

Postby macy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:07 am

I've noticed this as well, I'm already on the 1st page of google but not even listed in yahoo, is it because they index sites late?

meanmachine29

Re: Yahoo & Google ranking

Postby meanmachine29 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:17 am

peterko wrote:Yes, you're right, I also noticed Google & Yahoo rank the sites differently. I think it happen because Google & Yahoo use different algorythms and they weight different aspects of the site differently. Very possible it happen because Google & Yahoo treat website cache differently, For examply Yahoo is changing cache faster than Google, and while you still have a good ranking in Google your ranking in Yahoo is already dropped. I also suspect what is good for Google is not good for Yahoo simply because they are compatitors (I might be wrong saying that).
Usually I do the things for my web site, not for the search engines, and of course I apply the same basic SEO technics.

I'm not sure, but someone say Yahoo likes higher keyword density. Also on page optimization in Yahoo has much more weight than in Google, and incoming links have much less weight than in Google. Once again I'm not sure.

Have a great day

Yahoo do not use algorythms as such(its a long story), well there not robot driven. its a directory! you will get listed if they like your site. if they dont they wont. yahoo is one of the few manualy run directories so they pick what they want. all of my sites have been listed on yahoo with in 2 weeks. you can design it in a way they would like but I cant tell you how unless you phone me and we invioce you for the Info!!! ha ha. :wink:

Copybuild

Postby Copybuild » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:20 am

Having a high rank in yahoo really takes time. Based on my experience, content weighs heavier on their search results. Anyway, huge traffic still come from the big G.
New Music
All about you and your music

nivea_david

Get ranking in yahoo

Postby nivea_david » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:34 am

In terms of the structure of your website, you should try to make the site easy to navigate and to keep things simple. Include a site map that links to all of the pages on your website - Yahoo finds sites easier to crawl when they have a site map in place and you'll also find it a benefit with the other major search engines.

You'll also need some good inbound links to do well in Yahoo. Consider the anchor text that is being used in those inbound links - you want to use your keywords within the anchor text but don't overdo it - you may be penalized if you do.

Finally, avoid black hat techniques. Cloaking, doorway pages and hidden text are all great ways to get your website completely removed from the Yahoo rankings.
Nivea David
SEO Services India

tokyobabydoll

Postby tokyobabydoll » Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:29 am

I'm also having this issue--ranking in google but zero on yahoo. any tips? thanks.

shan

Postby shan » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:44 am

If your site have a lot of back link from several IP's then you have more chance to get high SERP on YAHOO.

seocipl

Postby seocipl » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:28 am

Do work in all Yahoo service
Yahoo answer
yahoo sitemap
yahoo directory
and also Link building work
It's better way for you.

extreme-seo

Postby extreme-seo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:46 am

consider onpage optimization and if you are ready to build backlinks, use yahoo toolbar get targeted blogs via yahoo search.. it will increase your website poularity with yahoo.

akaybeyond

Postby akaybeyond » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:30 pm

" build backlinks, use yahoo toolbar get targeted blogs via yahoo search.. it will increase your website poularity with yahoo.

anie_b

Postby anie_b » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:49 pm

Create a site map, build inbound links,easy navigation structure and submit in yahoo directory are some of the ways to rank in yahoo..

angelinalove

Postby angelinalove » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:06 am

Use onpage optimizatin if you are already doing off page by doing link buildings. Apart form that contents are essential for giving high ranking.

Return to “Yahoo Search”