Yahoo free submission - How long does it take

This forum is for discussion of Yahoo Search only. For Yahoo Directory please post under Directories.

Yahoo free submission - How long does it take

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:44 pm

Any ideas how long it takes for the Yahoo free submission to list you?

paresh

Postby paresh » Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:20 pm

Mine took exactly 39 days

seobook

Postby seobook » Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:37 pm

I usually get new sites listed in 2 days. put your link in your sig and it should get spidered quickly as long as they made this forum spider friendly.

it looks though they did not as this page is not in googles cache :(

http://64.233.179.104/search?q=cache:ht ... p%3Ft%3D50

most SEO forums are spider friendly.

sabsian5233

wow! I'm impressed!

Postby sabsian5233 » Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:43 pm

Advice in this site really works. I hate to see some of SEO gurus claiming themselves guru. But methods in this site works well.

Btw, is there any difference between the way search engine index php and html file?

http://WorldSoccerJersey.com

Remember The Name,
Soccer Jersey is Our Game.

TexSurance.US

Postby TexSurance.US » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:16 am

Again I am reading allot here and on other strings about getting spidered and what not. This seems to me only good if you plan on searching for your " unique " domain name.

Unique being the key word there folks...

Yes it works, but this string started asking about getting listed and I just want be sure we are on the same page here.

To me, getting listed is not: http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=TexSurance.US
- because you are just searching for your domain name.

Who's looking for your specific domain name but You ( Usually ) ?

To me, getting list means I should be able to go to:
Directory > Regional > U.S. States > Texas > Cities > San Antonio > Business and Shopping > Business to Business > Financial Services > Insurance > TexSurance.US

And there I should be - that's what I believe the string is referring to more so than just getting spidered and locatable by searching your own unique domain name only...

My best advise is to keep on keep'en on. You'll get there...

:twisted:
http://www.TexSurance.US
30 Second Health Quotes from Top Texas Insurers in 1 Master Report online

jeffro82

Postby jeffro82 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:25 am

It took my site around 12 days - maybe I was just plain lucky...but it seems a lot of sites are taking a lot longer

coolzs

Postby coolzs » Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:39 pm

I was wondering if you can get listed yahoo directory your link is also seen at yahoo.co.uk ?

So, if you had no luck at yahoo.com, is it a good idea to try to submit free at yahoo.co.uk ? Or you can also try other yahoo SEs with diff languages.

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:16 am

One of the best ways to get your site listed is to start a linking campaign before you submit your site because then you will have sites that are already indexed linked to yours. If you do this well and link to high PR sites, then when you submit, Yahoo will think you have relevancy to these sites and index your quicker and possibly index most of your site. I got my site listed in about 2 days because I started my linking campaign a week before! Good luck

pur

what about links to other pages in your site

Postby pur » Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:31 pm

Excuse me but I'm new at this - I was told that by having more links on my pages that link to other pages in my website that would increase my ranking - is this true?
PurReflections.com

pur

thanks!

Postby pur » Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:25 pm

I'll be talking to my web guy! He is the one who told me that link within my own site will rank my page higher.
PurReflections.com

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:17 am

You should always link to pages within your site but it will not increase you page rank by doing it. It only depends on how many quality links you have pointing to your site. You might want to make sure your web guy knows what he is doing! Good luck.

Return to “Yahoo Search”