Yahoo doesnt care about "nofollow" links ?

This forum is for discussion of Yahoo Search only. For Yahoo Directory please post under Directories.
Jaded

Yahoo doesnt care about "nofollow" links ?

Postby Jaded » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:10 am

Dear members

I have one question to ask. I just checked backlinks of one of my sites on yahoo site explorer and noted that the first site being shown in the results is a site which has my link with a "nofollow" attribute.

Does this mean that yahoo doesnt care about rel="nofollow"? Can anybody else check and confirm this from their own sites? And what about MSN?
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Joseph James

Postby Joseph James » Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:24 pm

I also have resons to believe its true. Yahoo follows rel="nofollow" links too on my site. But I have not noticed MSN or google doing that.

bradystjames

Postby bradystjames » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:38 pm

whats up with that.

biggamestop

Postby biggamestop » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:09 am

Free Games Here.....
Play Free Online Games @ www.biggamestop.com

imranahmed

Re: Yahoo doesnt care about "nofollow" links ?

Postby imranahmed » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:04 pm

Jaded wrote:Dear members

I have one question to ask. I just checked backlinks of one of my sites on yahoo site explorer and noted that the first site being shown in the results is a site which has my link with a "nofollow" attribute.

Does this mean that yahoo doesnt care about rel="nofollow"? Can anybody else check and confirm this from their own sites? And what about MSN?
Any suggestions?

Thanks

If this is true then it is good thing for all.
:lol:

VladTepes

Postby VladTepes » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:16 am

i think also too...

yahoo recently give factor backlinks on their serp ranking...
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

akdiver

Postby akdiver » Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:03 pm

That is good news. i havent seen anything official but seeing is believing and im glad it is the case. But i guess its an even playing field so my competitors will recieve the same boost.
Free Logos - Professional Logos you can download and edit!

ben_tambling

Postby ben_tambling » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:21 am

i believe google surely didn't indexed nofollow attribute... but there's always a possibility..

Joseph James

Postby Joseph James » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:27 pm

I think google does not follow nofollw links as well.
Did anyone notic that?

Wishbone

Postby Wishbone » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:43 pm

Joseph James wrote:I think google does not follow nofollw links as well.
Did anyone notic that?

Where did you noticed that? Care to share?!

Rel="nofollow" simply tells SE bots not to read and follow a particular link, if that happen so in Google, that will be a really big issue.
Garmin Astro GPS Dog Tracking Systems - check out for tips and features to maximize its use .

dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:26 am

I wonder why yahoo detect that no-follow attribute? Anyway, have you tried to re-check it again? According to your case It shows that Yahoo bots can commit mistakes to..But as what i have read to other forums, having a no-follow attribute is not really a fact that your site will not follow by the bots.. i think they also give some weight for that..

guinanie

Postby guinanie » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:33 am

Maybe Yahoo is changing their algorithm and they calculated the backlinks? Yahoo takes a 'follow' on link. They indexes the linked to page and shows the existence of the link. If no follow is present on your link it means that no attribution is given to the target from the source of the link.

Adulu

Postby Adulu » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:32 pm

It seems whether has nofollow attribute only effect on PR ranking
So Beautiful Hotel Pictures

dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:42 am

guinanie wrote:Maybe Yahoo is changing their algorithm and they calculated the backlinks? Yahoo takes a 'follow' on link. They indexes the linked to page and shows the existence of the link. If no follow is present on your link it means that no attribution is given to the target from the source of the link.

You have some point there..

chris26

Re: Yahoo doesnt care about "nofollow" links ?

Postby chris26 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:47 am

Both yahoo and google see no fllow links but yahoo shows the link google does not when you look at links to the website. Google does not give rank for no follow links but they do expect your website to have them. They think if you have alot olf links and all are do follow links then you gaming the search engines and it is not natural thier are no no follow links.

Do not worry about no follow links just make sure any link to your siote is from a good website and do not get too many links to fast. All websites will have some no follow links when people lsit the site and do not want to give and page rank or credit to the site but they think the siote helps people that use thier website. Example would be a website about fixing computer problems and you could link to microsoft and use no follow link instead of a do follow links they do not need help in search engine rank.
Cheap Web Hosting And Domain Registration PayPal Accepted
Cheap Vps

Return to “Yahoo Search”