How can I improve my site ranking on Yahoo?

This forum is for discussion of Yahoo Search only. For Yahoo Directory please post under Directories.
sneha079

Re: How can I improve my site ranking on Yahoo?

Postby sneha079 » Wed May 25, 2016 10:29 pm

Google is best but also Yahoo! is still one of the most popular search engines, it’s in every business’s best interest to improve its placement in Yahoo! search results. There are several methods you can employ to optimize your site to appear higher up in Yahoo!’s search results.
I have some suggestions for you guys....
Meta Tags
To begin optimizing your site for Yahoo!, start with your meta tags. Yahoo!’s spidering process analyzes these tags and uses them to determine rankings. Make sure your meta tags include popular keywords that are relevant to your site’s content.
Page Titles
Changing your site’s page titles may also be effective. The title of your page is the text that appears in the top bar of a user’s browser when they view one of your Web pages. But search engines also use page title information to index Web pages.Instead of using your company name on all of the pages, try adding your company name as well as a description of what that particular page contains. For example – your Company Name – Popular Books at Great Prices.
ALT Text
Adding ALT tags to the images on your site can make your content friendlier to Yahoo!’s indexing process, too. Since a computer can’t “see” your images, you can use ALT text to describe the images on your Web pages. ALT tags are HTML tags that describe the images on your site. You can also use keywords to describe your images in the ALT tag to take full advantage of this method. If your page uses images to display content, and you aren’t using ALT tags, it may be glossed over during indexing.
Links to Your Site
Yahoo! also uses the number of links that point to your site to determine your page ranking. Increasing the number of sites that link back to you can improve your ranking, but not all links are equal.
A link on microsoft.com, for instance, would count far more than a link on someone’s personal home page. For precisely this reason, it won’t do much good to add your link to “link farms” or other mass-linking pages that don’t provide any content.The more popular a site is, the more weight is given to links from that site.
However, if you can exchange legitimate links with other sites, by all means, do so. This is a great way to move your site up higher in search results.
Site Map
If you have noticed that Yahoo! hasn’t indexed all of your pages, it may be time to add a site map to your site. A site map will help Yahoo! find pages that may otherwise be buried within your site. This can be as simple as a plain HTML document that contains links to every single page on your site. A map is usually organized by topic or page location.
Sponsored Listings
If you still can’t improve your Yahoo! ranking, consider their sponsored listing program. This is a paid advertisement for your company that will appear before other sites in your listing category for your business.

I think its really helpful for you guys....

LiyansInfotech

Postby LiyansInfotech » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:47 am

Link building helps you to improve your site ranking.

semalaia4n

Postby semalaia4n » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:07 am

Choose terms for your page titles that match the content of your documents.
Users are more likely to click a link if the title matches their search

Raut1939

Postby Raut1939 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:42 am

i need some more information from u :roll:

Godderd1965

Postby Godderd1965 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:39 am

As far as I know, there are a a multitude of external trackers available for Yahoo. Though, I must admit that these aren't as good as that of analytics.

Theridly

Postby Theridly » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:15 am

I still think that Google has the best quality searches. It uses a lot more information than just scanning the page for strings of text.

Theteras77

Postby Theteras77 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:30 pm

Only following search engine rules is not sufficient we have to also use various on page and off page SEO techniques regularly to build quality backlinks which actually helps to get good rank in Yahoo and Bing search engines.

Sestell1978

Postby Sestell1978 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:18 am

Thank you very much for your review, and for spreading the word. I will apply the modifications you’ve recommended. :mrgreen:

Wort1978

Postby Wort1978 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:08 am

search engine submission is not required. If your site has good links it will get indexed well even if you dont add it manualy to the search engine. Concentrate on the links.

Unwho1933

Postby Unwho1933 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:47 am

when every you start SEO for any site you should work on on-page first of all then move to off-page and try to get more and more backlinks.

Apecied1975

Postby Apecied1975 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:41 am

All SEO people are daily struggling hard to put their website URL to hundreds of search engine directories manually or automatically. Why search engine submission is necessary?

Pont1986

Postby Pont1986 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:28 am

Use google analytics and google insight for your website. Hope you optimize your site very well.

praveenitech1

Postby praveenitech1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:27 am

Regularly do the link building work

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:27 am

Late in 2014, Yahoo! and Mozilla announced that Yahoo! would take over for Google as the default search option in the Firefox browser. This is a deal that has brought many more searchers to Yahoo!, and may continue to do so over time.

Even though Google still owns the lion’s share of search authority, the future of Yahoo! is promising. And when people search for the services you offer on Yahoo!, you want to appear in the search engine results.

Anturing1982

Postby Anturing1982 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:21 am

Well, just exert more effort in optimizing your site. Improve your content as well, since content is one factor that affect your site ranking in search engines.

Return to “Yahoo Search”