What happend to MSN and Live Search

This forum is for discussion of BING (formerly MSN Search or Live Search).
guinanie

Postby guinanie » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:31 am

Maybe the reason is MSN is frequently updating and monitoring the site. And removing internal links that is not related. I have read that , about five week ago a few webmasters reported so many visits their servers crashed.
MSN's spider finds new sites by following links directed to those sites. MSNbot is active all the time.

If you want to read more , you may click this link
http://www.completewebresource.com/gett ... in_msn.htm

dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:35 am

leftybogs wrote:MSN is very unpredictable... MSN and show different results.. and sometimes MSN switch to live...

Agree with you.. I always encounter this one just recently..

sacada2

Postby sacada2 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:51 pm

I have read that Msn has changed it's algorithm similar to Google. That's the reason why a lot of webmasters was shocked when their websites is nowhere to be found. Msn wants to deliver the most relevant search results.

dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:32 pm

sacada2 wrote:I have read that Msn has changed it's algorithm similar to Google. That's the reason why a lot of webmasters was shocked when their websites is nowhere to be found. Msn wants to deliver the most relevant search results.

How come that they change their algo similar to google? As far as i can see, and based on my own experience, Its hard to ranked to MSN while in google its just okay to ranked because they have the most fastest algo when it comes to indexing one's site, while MSN they are so slow.. really slow that its hard to find your page in SERPs in a short period of time, and Google is the other way around..

sacada2

Postby sacada2 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:42 pm

i just read that article about Msn changing its algo, but they can't really match Google yet

dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:45 am

sacada2 wrote:i just read that article about Msn changing its algo, but they can't really match Google yet

Can you share us the links of the said article?

sacada2

Postby sacada2 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:41 pm

dee_el07 wrote:Can you share us the links of the said article?

i was not able to bookmark that page (sorry), but as far as i can remember i just searched it in Google. (Msn change its algo?)

dee_el07

Postby dee_el07 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:15 am

sacada2 wrote:
dee_el07 wrote:Can you share us the links of the said article?

i was not able to bookmark that page (sorry), but as far as i can remember i just searched it in Google. (Msn change its algo?)

well, then okay.. we'll just hope that MSN is doing their best to change for the better.. :wink:

Return to “BING (Formerly MSN Search)”