Will new MSN Search over take Google and Yahoo?

This forum is for discussion of BING (formerly MSN Search or Live Search).

Will new MSN Search over take Google and Yahoo within 2 years?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:50 pm

Yes, it will over take both Google and Yahoo.
27%
No, it will never over take Google, but it might over take Yahoo.
18%
No, it will not over take either of them
36%
Maybe. I don't know the answer. Anything is possible.
9%
MSN will buy either Google or Yahoo and then become #1
9%

Total votes: 11

franklyfact

Hells no

Postby franklyfact » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:54 pm

Hell no.
MSN can't catch up to this beast. They can try, but they can't just give away search for free since... it is free. And all those "paid to surf" programs died eyars ago... hummmmm actually... come to think of it. If people pay an average of 30 cents a click nowadays, and MSN figured out a way to give that part back as a rebate to the surfer, hell we'd be having people getting paid 10 cents per search...

I change my answer... if they pay their people, then yes.

john

Postby john » Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:31 am

I dont think that msn search is better then google or yahoo.

many of my friends and I dont use msn search.

I would say No

bb99

Postby bb99 » Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:24 am

i dont think so, unless MSN buy Yahoo and Google. Msn got to improve their homepage, make it faster(less flash)....

getta

Postby getta » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:13 pm

I understand they use multi-search method. the one conk.com is using. if the search would be better and available on browsers, Microsoft will beat yahoo
on search.
But Microsoft never beat Google that creating its own browser, and will improve search methods. they simply live happily side by side.

Edgar

Postby Edgar » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:19 pm

In 2 years MSN might be able to take over Yahoo but I doubt it will ever do the same with Google.

susu_coklat

Postby susu_coklat » Sat Oct 09, 2004 9:50 am

MSN must improve their search engine. Sometimes I waste my time to wait the result.

OK, MSN will improve their search engine but Google and Yahoo will do it too. So I thinks MSN need miracle to over take Google and Yahoo :)

I like google because the fast. I like Yahoo because the more clean than Google.

paresh

Postby paresh » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:04 am

No because of simple reason.Google will remain the fastest search engine & all of them love google & r aacustomed to use it during their day to day internet activities.I personally use google more than 10-20 times a day

BusinessMinds

Postby BusinessMinds » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:13 am

Although I get a considerable visits from MSN to mysite than Google. However, I feel that Google has become the brand name worldwide when it comes to quality searching.

dgribbons

Postby dgribbons » Sat Mar 19, 2005 8:50 pm

I think a year from now, they'll all be somewhat equal. Google will always be a strong player, but Google has it's problems. Click fraud and spamming are 2 of Googles big problems. Yahoo is relentless. They hit my sites 3 or 4 times a day. Whenever I put up a new site, Yahoo is always the first to spider it, and with all my sites, Yahoo sends me the most traffic. MSN is the wild card here. Bill Gates has stated that he has made it a priority to take on Google. Many people have lost fortunes betting against the richest man in the world. What Bill wants, Bill gets.

If you've got a site, you'd do yourself a favor by paying attention to all three of them.

richb

Postby richb » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:19 pm

I believe will still maintain its first position within 3 years.

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:18 am

since google is king right now they have a lot of stress to keep it that way. I believe one day google might not be the top search engine anymore. If that happens then seo as we know it will change!

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:10 pm

Good catch on that one, thats what I meant! SEO wont change. Its true, google has revolutionized the industry and we will have to follow whatever comes next!

lajocar

Postby lajocar » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:12 pm

No,
With all the talent that Google have it will take a miracle for MSN search to overtake Google in two years

Return to “BING (Formerly MSN Search)”