Some cool info about stretch limos

This forum is for discussion of BING (formerly MSN Search or Live Search).
TroyMcDonald10

Some cool info about stretch limos

Postby TroyMcDonald10 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:46 pm

Stretch limousines are longer than normal limousines, usually in order to accommodate more passengers. Stretch limousines may have seating along the sides of the cabin. These types of limos can be accessed through pretty much any large scale limo rental company.

A "stretch limousine" was created in Fort Smith, Arkansas, around 1928 by a coach company named Armbruster. Armbruster's cars were primarily used to transport famous "big band" leaders, such as Glenn Miller and Benny Goodman, and their bands and equipment. These early stretch limousines were often called "big band buses". Armbruster called their lengthened cars "extended-wheelbase multi-door auto-coaches". Their 12-passenger people movers were used by hotels, taxis, airlines, corporations and tour companies.

Bet you didn't know that!
"You've never felt true luxury til you've gone out one night, and pick up your date in a limousine. Pure luxury, pure class. If I had to choose between driving myself or hiring a limo service, I would always choose the latter." - John Parkwood

Return to “BING (Formerly MSN Search)”