Microsoft CEO vowed to "kill" Google

This forum is for discussion of BING (formerly MSN Search or Live Search).
quadra

Microsoft CEO vowed to "kill" Google

Postby quadra » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:59 pm

Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer vowed to "kill" Google in an expletitive-laced, chair-throwing tirade when a senior engineer told him he was leaving the company to go work for Google, the engineer claimed in court documents made public on Friday.

In a sworn statement made public Friday, Mark Lucovsky, another Microsoft senior engineer who left for Google in November 2004, recounted Ballmer's angry reaction when Lucovsky told Ballmer he was going to work for the search engine company.

"At some point in the conversation, Mr. Ballmer said:
'Just tell me it's not Google,'"Lucovosky said in his statement. Lucovosky replied that he was joining Google.

"At that point, Mr. Ballmer picked up a chair and threw it across the room hitting a table in his office," Lucovosky recounted, adding that Ballmer then launched into a tirade about Google CEO Eric Schmidt. "I'm going to f***ing bury that guy, I have done it before, and I will do it again.
I'm going to f***ing kill Google." Schmidt previously worked for Sun Microsystems and was the CEO of Novell.

http://news.com.com/Court+docs+Ballmer+ ... 46243.html

ammon

Postby ammon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:55 am

MSN doesn't stand a chance.

bigmallrat

President, anyone?

Postby bigmallrat » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:53 pm

Maybe he should run for office. Those tirades will get ya elected in some places.
All joking aside, and I hate to say it, but MSN updates faster than google.
Scott

zoon24

Re: President, anyone?

Postby zoon24 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:23 pm

bigmallrat wrote:All joking aside, and I hate to say it, but MSN updates faster than google.
Scott

thats the good thing about them, their results suck..

bradystjames

Postby bradystjames » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:06 pm

well i don't think google will be on top for ever. young bull always gets the old bull by the horns!

Zrocker

Postby Zrocker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Microsoft is a value trap. When Bill sold er diversified at $60 a share. Yea, he called their market top.

When I saw they started to cut back on vacation time for employees they basically became a Wal*Mart type of out fit.

Return to “BING (Formerly MSN Search)”