Value of Directories

Discuss Yahoo, Dmoz, Looksmart and other directories here.
muthu

Value of Directories

Postby muthu » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:02 am

Whats everyones views on submitting sites to loads of directories. Is it worth doing in SEO terms or a waste of time?

How much do you think you gain from it and would your time be better spent doing other SEO tasks to benefit the client more.

The reason i ask is that I've just submitted my nine SEO sites into about 30+ directories which obviously was quite time consuming.

ben_tambling

Re: Value of Directories

Postby ben_tambling » Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:03 pm

muthu wrote:Whats everyones views on submitting sites to loads of directories. Is it worth doing in SEO terms or a waste of time?

How much do you think you gain from it and would your time be better spent doing other SEO tasks to benefit the client more.

The reason i ask is that I've just submitted my nine SEO sites into about 30+ which obviously was quite time consuming.

it's still counted as a backlinks for you if SE's crawl your site... not much weight but counted as backlinks... but first,, try to check out if your link is in a nofollow attribute...

weblaunchphxx

Postby weblaunchphxx » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:42 am

Directory submission is most important to make a site popular.Every submission is counts as a back link to the site.Directory submission is very important.

chrysostom

Postby chrysostom » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:31 am

Directory Submission can help new websites generate some, usually low PR, links.

DELETED

Postby DELETED » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:32 pm

DELETED

digitalduke

Postby digitalduke » Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:01 am

Directory Submission and Article Submission can be very effective. There are Good directories as many as Bad directories. But You will find out which one is good or bad if you are good surfer. So I think for backlinks, these submission are very essentials.
Free & Quick Approval Directory

nivea_david

Postby nivea_david » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:46 pm

You can get more traffic and still get one way link by submitting to directories.
Nivea David
SEO Services India

beamup

Postby beamup » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:57 pm

You have to be very careful with directories. There are plenty out there you manage to get PR but there is no traffic to it. So you have to find every aspect of it.

ujju

Postby ujju » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:53 am

muthu wrote:Whats everyones views on submitting sites to loads of directories. Is it worth doing in SEO terms or a waste of time?

The reason i ask is that I've just submitted my nine SEO sites into about 30+ directories which obviously was quite time consuming.

I believe, One of the most common places to acquire high quality links is through both paid and free directories. Yeah, it's a bit time consuming but worth it. But remember to put remember to put quality before quantity. This is a key to create a good network of links. :)

Designer wedding sarees

ajaysinha

Postby ajaysinha » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:33 am

It only gives back-links for your sites.This ultimately drives traffic.

Return to “Directories”