More than eight months of waiting, but it's worth it!

Discuss Yahoo, Dmoz, Looksmart and other directories here.
Stephen Edwards

More than eight months of waiting, but it's worth it!

Post by Stephen Edwards »

Finally, after months of waiting our website has been accepted in The Open Directory Project (dmoz). I submitted the site to the directory back in September/October 2006, so it does take a considerable time, so please don't give up hope. However, this combined with months of SEO, our website has finally reached the front page of Google. We were not recognised in the top 800 sites of the two most popular searches, but suddenly we have jumped, not progressed to the top. It is as if Google has flicked on a switch.:D
So please keep trying guys, it can be done! Now we have to find a way of staying there!

overdriveelectronics

Post by overdriveelectronics »

Good getting in DMOZ and waiting that long. I hope you did some other dirctory submissions because there are so many out there now. You can get your site up to the top without having dmoz under your belt. I have submitted my site and dont really care if i get in or not because the other directories have given me some great results. So for everyone else, dont wait for dmoz, get you submissions going with other sites and you will see the results. Besides, DMOZ is too jam packed with crap anyway that it is worthless to bring you visitors.

Torsten

Post by Torsten »

I tried to add my site to dmoz long ago, but actually nothing happened. What are those people actually looking for?!

Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Thanks for the tip:
vistadivine wrote:There is already many discussion about this in our forums. Read this:
http://www.submitexpress.com/bbs/about9.html

The summary is to forget DMOZ, you have very little chance getting in. Submit once and forget about it, because the editors there barely review sites as they are all volunteers and even if they do they might be a competitor and they would most likely decline your site if they find the smallest problem on your site.
Actually, this was exactly the idea I got when, there was no reaction at all. I will try DMOZ again ones I have reached a readiness status with my sites.