Very Good tip to be added in DMOZ

Discuss Yahoo, Dmoz, Looksmart and other directories here.
ric

Very Good tip to be added in DMOZ

Post by ric »

I won’t go into all of the reasons why DMOZ listings take so long to show up or why some never show up, but here is a tip to avoid the DMOZ black hole.

For fastest results, submit only to a category that has an editor. Chances are, your topic could fit in multiple DMOZ categories. So of course look for a category that meets the normal requirements such as being on topic and having the best available PRV, but make sure that the category you select has an editor.

To see if a category has an editor, look at the bottom on the DMOZ page and see if there is an editor listed. Many if not most categories seem to be without an editor these days as will be evidenced at the bottom of the page by a link to “Volunteer to edit this category” instead of giving the editor information.

To get right to it, simply do a search at Google as follows: (insert your logical words in place of widgets)

widgets "category editor" site: dmoz.org

This example search will return DMOZ categories that are or may be on topic for widgets AND that actually have an editor.

Hope this helps.

Bluffer

Post by Bluffer »

The problem is not always just about whether there is an editor available for a certain category, but that some sites, mine included have not received any kind of response what so ever. The reasons for this could be to do with being rejected. Has anyone ever received an e-mail saying their site has been rejected? Maybe sites get rejected but don't receive a response?

There have also been many suggestions that editors may belong to rival sites, and choose to dump competing sites.

I submitted my site around five months ago to a category which has editors but I've not received a response. As far as I know I have not been listed.

I'm interested to know whether you really can submit your site to more categories? I was lead to believe your site would banned if you submitted it more than once.

pray

Post by pray »

ric,

I agree with you.

My site is three weeks old, now get listed in DMOZ directory. How? Submit to a category that has editors. After a week, write him/her an email for comfirmation. Of coz, must write in a polite and nice way.
They only include sites that have nice and clean organization. No excessive banners, pop-up ads and advertisements.
They definitely will not write you an email if your site get rejected. They just keep quite. Then nevermind, dont give up. Improve your site and write them an email again. But of coz, your site idea must be original if possible.

Post a status request at DMOZ Forum www.resource-zone.com is ok but not a fast way to help you get listed in dmoz directory. I have an old site use this way but until now still far away from DMOZ directory.

Anyway, the choice is yours.

Cheers!!!

Thanks

pray

Post by pray »

Hi all,

Something to share again. I get my sub-page of my site (1 week old) listed in the DMOZ directory.

This prove that the methods i use really works...:)

Cheers!!!

Good luck...

TravelandHoliday

Post by TravelandHoliday »

pray wrote:ric,

I agree with you.

My site is three weeks old, now get listed in DMOZ directory. How? Submit to a category that has editors. After a week, write him/her an email for comfirmation. Of coz, must write in a polite and nice way.
They only include sites that have nice and clean organization. No excessive banners, pop-up ads and advertisements.
They definitely will not write you an email if your site get rejected. They just keep quite. Then nevermind, dont give up. Improve your site and write them an email again. But of coz, your site idea must be original if possible.

Post a status request at DMOZ Forum www.resource-zone.com is ok but not a fast way to help you get listed in dmoz directory. I have an old site use this way but until now still far away from DMOZ directory.

Anyway, the choice is yours.

Cheers!!!

Thanks
thank you for tips..I will try your method someday.