help me submit site to dmoz

Discuss Yahoo, Dmoz, Looksmart and other directories here.
binhaus

help me submit site to dmoz

Post by binhaus »

hi ..
i realy do not know why my site still not in dmoz dir ???
it out about 3 month and got listed in goole yahoo... and good alexa rank too
i did submit manualy to dmoz 3 time from start but till now nothing happend!!!! ( fist time i think the process slow .. but now i think the editer of dmoz ban my site by some things realy not know )
?? any help??

overdriveelectronics

Post by overdriveelectronics »

Yeah thats true, I am still in the que and have been waiting for 8 months now, but i know that I am still in the que. Some people wait for up to 2 years to get into that directory. It is becoming very useless because of all the crappy sites that are getting into it!

overdriveelectronics

Post by overdriveelectronics »

That is so right. I dont really care if i make it in or not because my site will move on without it. If I get in then good, but i will never make a big deal about it!

Netty

Demoz

Post by Netty »

[quote]Yeah thats true, I am still in the que and have been waiting for 8 months now, but i know that I am still in the que. Some people wait for up to 2 years to get into that directory. It is becoming very useless because of all the crappy sites that are getting into it![/quote]

Please advise how to check with demoz if i am still in the que ????

googlebot2

Post by googlebot2 »

yeah beside crappy and some of the sites/pages are no longer exists

Kammie

Re: Demoz

Post by Kammie »

Netty wrote: Please advise how to check with demoz if i am still in the que ????
Find a Dmoz editor and ask them, but not at Resource-zone.

markov

Post by markov »

So for how much period one should wait for the listing in the dmoz ? Is there any ideal time frame for it ?

Kammie

Post by Kammie »

markov wrote:So for how much period one should wait for the listing in the dmoz ? Is there any ideal time frame for it ?
Don't wait at all. Submit, then forget. Whether or not your site gets a quick listing depends on a lot of things, but no one can tell you when or how long it'll take to review your site; it's too random.

jetbrains

Post by jetbrains »

Submit by yourself.but it will take long time( one year) to be listed.

3leaf

Post by 3leaf »

overdriveelectronics wrote:Yeah thats true, I am still in the que and have been waiting for 8 months now, but i know that I am still in the que. Some people wait for up to 2 years to get into that directory. It is becoming very useless because of all the crappy sites that are getting into it!
How do you know your site in the que ? In fact, I submit my site and I see the statistic, the editor have ever came to my site, but I don''t know what the status ?