Tips for Getting Listed in Dmoz

Discuss Yahoo, Dmoz, Looksmart and other directories here.
Loginbd

Re: Tips for Getting Listed in Dmoz

Postby Loginbd » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:04 pm

But i have already send request to DMOZ.... But still i didnot any acceptance result.....Any other effective tips.....It's alaxa ranking increasing again today....

http://www.loginbd.com

IT Staffing

Postby IT Staffing » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:37 am

Below is the instruction how you can submit your site to the DMOZ.
http://www.dmoz.org/add.html

kyleph

Postby kyleph » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:18 pm

Dmoz is high moderated seo site and that is why they are reputable.

seojoy

Postby seojoy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:03 am

Yes all the points are really important to listing in Dmoz.

bbboy484

Postby bbboy484 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:18 pm

I tried submit couple sites to Dmoz but none of them work. I'm not sure if it worth the try to be list in dmoz.
Quality Directory - Submit your site(s) or article to our directory for free.

anneparker

Postby anneparker » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:06 am

Hey, I applied your tips and it really help me to get listed on the list of Dmoz . thanks buddy.

gravic

Postby gravic » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:27 am

vistadivine wrote:by Akash Kumar, October 2006

Getting listed in Dmoz (http://www.dmoz.org) has always been a major concern for those webmasters who know what difference a Dmoz listing can make to their site's search engine positioning. As Dmoz is a free volunteered directory, it requires your site to be the best in your industry, if it is not then make sure to make it.

But many people are not aware of the things that are responsible for getting a listing in Dmoz, there are some dos and don'ts that make your site into Dmoz but what are they? what things you need to follow? and what things are to be avoided? following are few tips which would help you out.

1. Submit your site to a proper category.
Most of the sites submitted to Dmoz are rejected due to having submitted to improper or wrong categories, so you must find out the most relevant category for your site before submitting it to Dmoz. If you are unsure about which category you should submit to then just do a search in Dmoz for the sites similar to yours and note down the category to which they have been submitted to. If you have done this one correctly then you are having the most relevant category for your website. Now just go on and submit to the category you have got.

2. Make sure that your site has original and quality content.
People nowadays are looking for more and more quality content and they get annoyed with the sites having nothing more than a bunch of affiliate links or sales letters. If your site lacks in content then you have no chance of making into the directory as the directories nowadays are looking for the sites which have a strong base of original and quality content, if your site doesn't has sufficient content then make sure to add a few reviews, articles and other additional information about your services and products.

3. Get your web site professionally designed.
If you have done the above two steps properly then your site is already deserving a listing in Dmoz and it adds more to your credibility if your site is professionally designed. You might have seen many unprofessionally designed sites making into Dmoz, so this not really a factor for your inclusion in the directory but as we know that the editors of the Dmoz directory are also human beings so a professionally designed site does make a good impression on them and thus increases your chances for inclusion in Dmoz.

4. Be sure to put your contact information on the web site.
Now just putting an email address is not enough. If you are doing a business you need people to trust you by showing them your physical address, so that they don't think that you are a run away business. Many times the editors reject sites if they don't see any physical contact information on the site, so it is very much necessary for you to put up at least your phone number on your contacts page, also putting your physical address would be much better.

5. Check your site for broken links and spelling errors.
Before submitting your site to the Dmoz directory make sure to check your website for broken links and spelling errors, though the editors are looking for quality but they are also human beings and will be annoyed by lots of errors and clumsily designed sites, so be sure to check and correct the errors if any before you submit your site to Dmoz.

NOTE: please dont use this article any where else without my permission.

Akash

superb.. i cant leave this thread without giving appreciation you.. so keep the good work like this..
Like to gather all the coming soon movies updates..

benwilliams

Re:

Postby benwilliams » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:08 am

Nowadays there is nothing in there for websmasters tools to submit their site to DMoz as Dmoz is not affliated to Google

dalethomas1

Postby dalethomas1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:37 am

Every time I posted in Dmoz with proper submission guidelines.Even then my post was not listed. :(

sumit.dpfoc

Postby sumit.dpfoc » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:11 am

I have a website that is directory of hotels and I applied for dmoz three months back but yet not granted. I agree with all your points except one that how can I give a physical address for a directory website??Is this is the only reason that dmoz is not yet granted to my website???

AustinAptAgency

Postby AustinAptAgency » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:57 am

This has been so confusing for me. I listed in DMOZ for a couple of really well made sites, but never saw anything. Weird. I'll tay again. Thanks.

NDanial

Postby NDanial » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:31 pm

Ye..I've submitted to Dmoz directory. How to check weather my site is already listed in Dmoz?
http://www.articleprima.asia

randytaylor789

Postby randytaylor789 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:55 pm

It worries that eveyone is reliant on feat into DMOZ, but they shelter't realised that those who port't got registered so far are doing vindicatory aswell with out it.

YKG

Postby YKG » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:12 am

Dmoze is to best directory so you describe about submission it's very help full

ankhanh

Postby ankhanh » Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:17 am

I heard that the non-commercial sites are easier to get listed in Dmoz than the commercial ones!
Is it correct?

Return to “Directories”