Directory link from internal page with PR0 any help?

Discuss Yahoo, Dmoz, Looksmart and other directories here.
directfuture

Directory link from internal page with PR0 any help?

Postby directfuture » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:30 am

Hi,

If I submit our online bathroom shop to a directory with a page rank of 5 on the home page but a page rank of 0 on the actual page where our site would be listed would we benefit from this listing?
Last edited by directfuture on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

viradian

Postby viradian » Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:01 am

I am pretty sure that the page rank assessed to your site is based on the page that your site is linked on. But, over time a site with a homepage rank of 5 will gain page rank on its interior pages, which will give you more credit.

Just recently, I've started seeing some of my interior pages get a ranking of higher than 0.

Also, keep in mind, that even if the Google PR bar says 0, that is not necessarily the case in Google's eyes.

VladTepes

Postby VladTepes » Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:17 am

just be in perfectly or closely appropriate category! :D
Pet Beds - Quality, style and comfort plus healing and soothing warm effects for cold winter season.

ujju

Re: Directory link from internal page with PR0 any help?

Postby ujju » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:18 am

directfuture wrote:Hi,

If I submit our online bathroom shop to a directory with a page rank of 5 on the home page but a page rank of 0 on the actual page where our site would be listed would we benefit from this listing?

If you’re link is going to end up on a low ranking page of a directory, you probably shouldn’t submit. It’s true the overall strength of the domain will help build your link strength, but the page your link appears on is more important than anything else.

Designer wedding sarees

Upre1944

Postby Upre1944 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:35 am

May have to wait a long time to google crawl your pages,
and pages you have to submit to a quality backlink is created to be fast, efficient, and durable.

Allasted30

Postby Allasted30 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:28 am

Those guys are very slow, I even tried to become an editor but haven't heard anything yet.

Return to “Directories”