Getting links from well respected/ranked sites

For discussion of Link building methods.
fonesexy

Getting links from well respected/ranked sites

Postby fonesexy » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:15 am

Hi all,

I've recently started promoting premium rate services over the net. I've designed the site purely for looks and not SEO purposes, although I'm starting to think this was not a good choice...

So, I think not much can be done, SEO wise, with the site so I'm concentrating on link popularity. Any ideas on how to obtain reciprocal links with well respected/ranked pages?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. :D

Owen - www.fonesexy.co.uk

coop99

Postby coop99 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:12 pm

Someone posted this answer to the same question:

1- Exchange links with on-topic websites
2- Submit your site to free directories
3- Participate in topic related forums, blogs and guestbooks and post your link in your signature file
4- Submit your site to fee-based directories
5- Purchase Banner ads or text link ads with direct link to your site

fonesexy

Postby fonesexy » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:04 am

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've been doing those first 2 points for almost a week now and I think I'm getting somewhere... I submitted my site to Google a few times to no avail, although as soon as I put their google toolbar on my site I was listed on Google!

I'll have to look into the adult based forums, didn't even know they exist.
Also, I had no idea I could pay for a link on a well-ranked site, many thanks for that bit of advice.

I've been told that Google offer courses to learn about the algorithms they use to list sites. Anyone heard of this or know if it is something worth looking into?

A few things I've come across are PR Prowler which seems to be almost all U.S sites. Monster-Link-Exchange, which seems a very easy way to obtain reciprocal links, although more or less only to sites with a low page-rank. Web Position Gold, although only a trial version this seems to be an extremely useful application, I think I may invest in the full version as searches are filtered for adult content which is useless for me unfortunately.

Thanks again for the replies, it really does seem like I'm stepping into the unknown... Which is not a nice feeling!!

coop99

Postby coop99 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:22 pm

careful not to build up links too fast. you may encounter the sandbox filter on your way. typically no more than 20-30 links a month will keep you out of the sandbox.

you may want to look into a yahoo directory listing for your site in the adult section. it is $500.00, but your site is listed immediately in yahoo and sister sites like altavista and alltheweb once it is reviewed. typically takes 2-3 weeks for them to review it.

also look into any DMOZ adult categories which will also appear in the Google Dir. once you have been listed long enough for GD to update.

good luck adult sites are hard to get links to in my opinion.

JayJay

UR Best Best

Postby JayJay » Sun May 28, 2006 12:17 pm

UR Best Bet is 2 Submit UR site 2 ADULT Directory.....

Or get Link exchange...

I have done it with a site called u4s.net.....From 4,3000,400 Alexa rank 2 819,000 ..which is NOt Bad....and its First in Google Search...under U4S

jeffro82

Postby jeffro82 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:35 am

I agree with Coop99.

Also, check out this article about "Reciprocal link short sellers" who claim that it doesn't work.

http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/sho ... php?t=9185

Cheers

oksana

Re: UR Best Best

Postby oksana » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:34 am

JayJay wrote:UR Best Bet is 2 Submit UR site 2 ADULT Directory.....

Or get Link exchange...

I have done it with a site called u4s.net.....From 4,3000,400 Alexa rank 2 819,000 ..which is NOt Bad....and its First in Google Search...under U4S

I think it is not a good idea to exchange links with adult sites. Google doesn't like them.
Only honest way will increase your PR. Write and distribute your articles and press releases

Return to “Link Building”