CPC - AdWords vs. Overture Vs. ?

For discussion of cost-per-click (CPC) engines, such as Yahoo! and Google Adwords.
webzedge

CPC - AdWords vs. Overture Vs. ?

Postby webzedge » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:51 pm

This forum touches both options a bit and I have noticed a dislike for Google Adwords here. I have been using Adwords for my lingerie site and have had 60% growth each month afterwards. The cost is not bad and the site more than pays for the advertising. I decided to start a new campaign for my Asian outfit site but the Adword CPC sailed past the cost of my other campaign without even a third of the clicks. I canceled that run and set up a campaign for another crossdresser web site but Google refused it saying the grammar was incorrect; it was only after I proved the my spelling was correct did they allow me to run it.

Now after that long winded explanation can anyone tell me who has the best CPC to conversion ad program? How does Overture compare to Adwords?

joesearch

Adwords best!

Postby joesearch » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:06 pm

I like the Google Adwords program the best as it's the fastest to get started, easiest to keep running and the tracking is great. I have always had good results when carefully monitoring the budget and keyword targeting.

web67

Postby web67 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:58 pm

isnt it also a good idea to contact the related sites directly and have a contract?

SEOGuruNYC

Postby SEOGuruNYC » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:00 pm

We used to use Overture it got bought but now I personally like the Google Adwords. I manage the campigns daily and chenge the text ads, cost per click and landingpages according to the CTR.

Yes, it does take some time to micro manage but that's the only way to save money and increase the CTR.

Plus I like to see the Adwords campaigns in the Analytics for in depth analysis.
Engagement Rings by leading engagement ring designer Verragio

mertaux5

Postby mertaux5 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:42 am

I agree. Adwords is by far the best at the moment. There's YPN, but I think it's been in beta for quite some time now.

quickregister

Google is the best until you get slapped

Postby quickregister » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:19 am

Yes the Google Adwords platform really rocks. I have had campaigns going for years that worked well then SLAP. They all stop. The domain is banned. My keyword scores are 1 even though they are perfectly relevant. And you never know why. Everyone has their theories but everyone is guessing.

I have now moved some of my campaigns over to Yahoo and they are MUCH easier to work with. They actually answer the phone and respond intelliigently to emails. I have had to set up sub accounts for each country I want to advertise in. This takes more time but is worth it. I have discovered that certain other English speaking countries get way higher clickthrough rates for the same ads. Very interesting. US market if far from everything.

So far I am getting subscribers and some sales but I need at least a solid month of tracking to really judge. I love the fact that I know where I stand with Yahoo. If something is wrong they tell you and you correct it. With Google it is all guesswork.

rayter

Postby rayter » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:27 am

Adwords and Overture are completely different. They act differently when different verticals are involved.

Newton

Postby Newton » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:37 am

Corporate Productivity Consulting is a performance improvement solutions organization with focus in the area of skills, attitudes & systems. CPC can help organizations mould their employees & rework systems to meet challenging business demands.

mdamin76

Postby mdamin76 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:56 pm

To me, adwords far more effective than overture.

forball100

Re: CPC - AdWords vs. Overture Vs. ?

Postby forball100 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Opinion are always great but you should create a poll rather than theh regular posting.

luohu

Postby luohu » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:19 am

learning.

Doets1962

Postby Doets1962 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:40 am

it is a for china, so its very limited. if you want to target the market of china then you should go for baidu.

Return to “Cost-Per-Click Engines”