google listing

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
zimhomepage

google listing

Postby zimhomepage » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:34 am

Hello

I have a new pixel website for Zimbabweans called www.zimhomepage.com.It has been live for 2 weeks and it seems not even one search engine has listed it .What can i do .

fxpro

Postby fxpro » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:01 am

You can just wait. Googe will find your site in any case. Of course at least one link from indexed page is needed. But it would be better to submit your site to main search engines as well.

zimhomepage

Postby zimhomepage » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:39 pm

i DID NOT UNDERSTAND YOU WELL ,YOU SAID I SHOULD WAIT FOR GOOGLE ,YET YOU WANT ME TO SUBMIT TO THE MAIN SEARCH ENGINES .

fxpro

Postby fxpro » Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:53 am

You can wait and Google will find you. It takes much time. But it happens sooner if you have incoming links and submit the site to search engines.

Adan

Postby Adan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:04 am

Submit a site to search engines won't help you. It can actually be damaging, as Google tends to put the submitted sites in a quarantine called sandbox. Don't sit back and wait until Google finds you, but instead go out there and get some good quality links.

zimhomepage

Postby zimhomepage » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:48 pm

Thanks ,this is qiute helpful.But how do i know which links are good and which ones are bad?

zimhomepage

Postby zimhomepage » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:54 pm

Are links from forums not considered as incoming links?

lazaraus

Links

Postby lazaraus » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:32 pm

I find that links from articles submitted to article directories are the best.

websurfers

HOW DO I TELL GOOGLE TO CRAWL MY NEW WEBSITE AND INDEX IT

Postby websurfers » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:59 pm

Despite of having quality content and good inbound and outbound links most sites do not get indexed according to their potential, coz googlebot dont knows about their site.

You need to tell the crawler that what are the pages it should visit and are a part of your site, for this you need to submit a sitemap. SITEMAP IS A .XML FILE HAVING ALL THE INFO ABOUT YOUR SITE.

YOU SHOULD ALWAYS UPLOAD A SITEMAP FILE. IT HELPS YOU TO GET BETTER INDEXED IN GOOGLE AND ALSO DRASTICALLY IMPROVES YOUR LISTING IN GOOGLE.

TO GET SITEMAP.XML FILE GENERATED FREE OF COST FOR YOUR SITE VISIT - www.caisc.co.in HERE U WILL GET FREE SITEMAP GENERATOR. THIS WIL DEFINETLY HELP YOU

Return to “Google”