How I got My Site Listed On Google

This forum is for discussion of Google only. Post anything Google here, including news and SEO related questions.
barcoltd

How I got My Site Listed On Google

Postby barcoltd » Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:25 am

Hi

Im new here, came here to try and find out how i could get the rest of my pages on the google index, but instead for now i just wanted to advise people what i did to get my index.htm and home.htm page on to google.

After i was half way through the design of my site, i submitted my home page to google, then signed up for sitemap's which after 2 weeks still i was not listed, i did some hunting on the net and it was suggested that i do a html check/validator i did this for the two pages as above, and it came back with tons of errors in validation, i corrected most of these and about 4 days later i appeared in the google index. Whether this was the reason or not, im sure it must have helped.

So head over to http://validator.w3.org/ input the link to your page and see what it comes up with, correct the problems then just wait in the hope that google finds it easier now to get into your site.

The website that i created was for our building and construction company called Barco Brickwork & Roofing, in Sussex,
[URL removed by moderator]

I have now run the validator on all of my other pages in the site and am hoping that they will get listed sometime soon. If anyone has any advice on getting more pages from your site into google it would be appreciated

Cheers.

netph

Postby netph » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:46 am

i'm sure that w3c validator isn't the cause of your site being indexed by google. you may have linked your URL to other website/s that are already spidered. AS the above post said, w3c validator/s will not boost your ranking.
isulong seoph philippines

overdriveelectronics

Postby overdriveelectronics » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:04 pm

Yeah search engines aren't going to pick up sites with a lot of problems. It looks like you just fixed them in time before google actually indexed you. Doing the validation didnt make google index you quicker though. If you want your other pages to be indexed, interlink them within your site and get some more links pointing to your site.

barcoltd

Postby barcoltd » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:09 pm

Ok thanks for the advice peeps, so i take it was just lucky in the timing then, most of my pages are interlinked, and i have got a lot of sites linking to me now, but it still only wants to put the index and home .htm pages in the list.

johngravel011

Re: How I got My Site Listed On Google

Postby johngravel011 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:13 pm

I think this is the best website I ever saw...
1. https://safariors.com/best-arrow-rest-reviews/

scott2fox

Postby scott2fox » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:50 pm

Thanks you for this blog, great post. I regularly read your blog post, please post daily.
web developer hiring

Arpita

Postby Arpita » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:24 am

Go to Google My Business. Click “Get on Google”
Enter Your Business Name and Address in the Search Box.
Select or Add Your Business. Click on your business listing if it appears among the suggested matches. ...
Verify Your Business. ...
Confirm your Business.

nitinrana

Postby nitinrana » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:34 am

Hi,
That's because you have used search console very good
for more traffic on your website
visit: https://www.hireseoconsultants.com/houston

riyajindal

Postby riyajindal » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:14 am

You have to submit your site on Search console and Google my business.

Return to “Google”